Comment Section of DA 7652

nodropjones

Registered Member
Just have a quick question , I need help filling out the Section III of a DA 7652 (Commander's Performance and Functional Statement) for a medical board? Just trying to get some ideas on the part that ask about retaining the Soldier. I have no idea what to write. I know this is suppose to be written by my Commander but she hasn't done it and my PEBLO has asked for it for the last two weeks.

I have Bilateral Compartmental Syndrome in both legs. I have had surgery on both legs but continue to have pain and swelling. I am a 92Y40, I can do my job as long as I am in the office, but standing long periods of time causes swelling and pain. I cannot do alot of Physical Fitness do to the pain. I cannot do any of the Cardio Events on the PT test or sit-ups because of the pain and swelling in my legs. Any one that could give me some input would be very appriecated.

What is your desired outcome?

I don't want to stay in. I know I can do my job but I am depressed because
I cannot keep up with the physical stuff. I made SFC in 10 yrs and went though airborne and Jumpmaster
School and for me not to be able to do that stuff anymore
and lead Soldiers is heart breaking. I have weight issues
Because I cannot do the cardio I need to do. I do watch what I eat and do exercise bit we all know
How the Army is about that issue.

In that case, it is best if the Commander comments on EVERY disability that impacts your duty performance with reference to SPECIFIC limitations/duties you cannot perform (both MOS and generally, Soldier tasks).

The thing is I am doing the form, my PEBLO has asked my Commander for this for over 2 weeks. My Training NCOIC asked me if I would fill it out and he will just get her to sign it. She is a new Commander and I haven't worked with her at all. Because of the way the unit is made up, most of us are just tasked to help other agencies on post.