Confuse about my MEB process

Hi
Now Im waiting my DA 199 coming back from PEB, I get the unfit memo from my PEBLO at 24,September and now my DA 199 is still going process and how long take a time for coming back my final rating?
Also after I signed my DA 199, I still need to working with my units or I just stay chilling and waiting what time I get out?

Chester I would say within a couple of weeks. Seems to take around 15 days or less once it leaves the va and gets back to the peb. That is just an estimate, but close to what I have been seeing on here and from personal experience. Hope this helps..

Chester I would say within a couple of weeks. Seems to take around 15 days or less once it leaves the va and gets back to the peb. That is just an estimate, but close to what I have been seeing on here and from personal experience. Hope this helps..
Thank for your explain and do you know , after I signed my 199, I still need working for my Units?

Are you active duty Chester or are you national guard or reserve. It all depends on how your unit wants to handle it. Most will give you some space to complete all of the out processing and classes. However some may still want you there everyday until you retire. It just depends and I can’t really answer as to how your unit is going to handle that. I would hope that they are supportive of what your trying to get done. Hope this helps..

Also after you sign your DA 199 your basically on the clock. You will have an outdate within 90 days. I hope that you receive the ratings you want and I wish you the best of luck. Take Care!

Also after you sign your DA 199 your basically on the clock. You will have an outdate within 90 days. I hope that you receive the ratings you want and I wish you the best of luck. Take Care!
Thanks you for your answer and witsh. Yes, my mos is 19D Active Duty member and my units want me everydays... also I can early turn in my CIF before I signed my 199

Chester have you received a memo from your peblo stating your unfit yet?

I’m not waiting on the PDA and to get put on JBLM Transproc. I’m ready as well. Once you get your 199, start turning in your CIF gear with a early turn-in memo from your supply room (has to be signed by the company commander). I typed my own memo up using an example from CIF and CO signed it.

Here is thread that talks about an early cif turn in. I would talk to your commander and see if he or she is supportive of you turning in your cif early. If they are you can get a memo from your commander and get it returned. One less thing to worry about. Hope this helps..

I will look for an example of the memo to help you out. When I find it I will Post it on here for you.

Indeed, via military letterhead, the following sample information was used to generate my CIF memorandum due to not having official military disability retirement orders upon an early CIF turn-in request:

______________________________________MILITARY LETTERHEAD______________________________________

MEMORANDUM FOR Central Issue Facility (CIF), Building #TBD, Military Installation, USA 12345-0001

SUBJECT: Request to turn-in CIF TA-50 for RANK First-Name Last-Name

1. The purpose of this memorandum is to request the turn-in of CIF TA-50 for RANK First-Name Last-Name, SSN.

2. Due to the acceptance of RANK First-Name Last-Name into the DoD Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) process on DDMMYYYY and deemed physically unfit to continue military service by the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) on DDMMYYYY, he is now awaiting official military orders for his forthcoming military disability retirement.

3. Point of contact for this memorandum is the undersigned at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

__________________________________COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK_________________________________

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Here is an example of a memo template you could use for the early turn in. Submit this through the chain of command to your commander for signature. Then get your gear turned in. Hope this helps..

Here is an example of a memo template you could use for the early turn in. Submit this through the chain of command to your commander for signature. Then get your gear turned in. Hope this helps..
thanks you so much ❣️

Reactions: Goz
I am glad Warrior644 shared his CIF memorandum in 2016 to benefit other members of this board. That was only one of his many contributions through his 6800+ posts.

Ron