Confused

DSPLY92

Registered Member
Hello all, I’m in the Navy and was told by my doctor that he would be initiating the med board process over a month ago, but I haven’t heard anything from him or my PCM since. I’m currently still attached to a ship, but they’ve sent me TAD while waiting, but I’ve heard absolutely nothing. What more can I do? I’ve tried contacting who I can, but no responses yet. Is it possible for the MEB to be going on currently, just no one updating me?

oddpedestrian

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Your PEBLO typically contacts you first it moves pretty consistently from there but it has to be officially initiated from your PCM, do you have a permanent profile yet?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You can go talk to the PEBLO at the TAD location. HE/she should know how far along you are in the process.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all, I’m in the Navy and was told by my doctor that he would be initiating the med board process over a month ago, but I haven’t heard anything from him or my PCM since. I’m currently still attached to a ship, but they’ve sent me TAD while waiting, but I’ve heard absolutely nothing. What more can I do? I’ve tried contacting who I can, but no responses yet. Is it possible for the MEB to be going on currently, just no one updating me?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Procedurally per DoD regulation, a formal counseling to you is required by a newly assigned PEBLO upon your official acceptance into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process.

Hopefully, your PCM has indeed submitted the necessary documentation to properly initiate a referral into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process at this particular point in time.

Nonetheless, please maintain being "positively proactive" and continue to contact your PCM and/or doctor until an update is finally received. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:

DSPLY92

Registered Member
Thank you all for the replies! I got into contact with my ortho doctor and he’s going to make sure everything is started. I’m going to be getting some paperwork to take to the local MEB coordinator office so hopefully things will start moving. Do I need to bring anything else other than what my doctor gives me?
I guess the last time my doctor tried to initiate the process got lost or he didn’t do it. But now it sounds like action will be taken.

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you all for the replies! I got into contact with my ortho doctor and he’s going to make sure everything is started. I’m going to be getting some paperwork to take to the local MEB coordinator office so hopefully things will start moving. Do I need to bring anything else other than what my doctor gives me?
I guess the last time my doctor tried to initiate the process got lost or he didn’t do it. But now it sounds like action will be taken.
Indeed, you are welcome! Good deal! :)

From an U.S. Army perspective, my assigned PEBLO and the MEB Physician informed me of what documents I needed to gather up (i.e., military awards, military evaluation reports, specialty medical documents from civilian providers, etc.) and pass along to them upon my official acceptance into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process.

Similarly, after your official acceptance into the DoD IDES process, I would tend to think that your assigned PEBLO may request specific documentation also if warranted. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Glad you were proactive. Stay that way throughout the process. Always strive to be your own best advocate.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">