Confusion on first CRSC Pay statement

dram86

Registered Member
Hello all, I am looking at my first CRSC pay statement on myPay following my May 22 approval date. I called DFAS to ensure everything was in order, he was however a little confused why my CRSC was not on my eRAS(but told me the $456.52 was scheduled to be deposited for Jun 01(and then he verified my direct deposit information). Currently looking at pending deposits on my bank account It's showing my normal $1182.52 from the VA, and its still showing what I've been getting for years from DFAS-Cleveland in the amount of $34.48, but there is no pending CRSC payments of $456.52, I was under the impression that the CRSC would delete and replace that $34.48 from DFAS? Would I be receiving all three of these payments? I've uploaded my eRAS and CRSC Statement. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• crscstatement.png
    crscstatement.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 177
  • eRas.png
    eRas.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 153
Hello all, I am looking at my first CRSC pay statement on myPay following my May 22 approval date. I called DFAS to ensure everything was in order, he was however a little confused why my CRSC was not on my eRAS(but told me the $456.52 was scheduled to be deposited for Jun 01(and then he verified my direct deposit information). Currently looking at pending deposits on my bank account It's showing my normal $1182.52 from the VA, and its still showing what I've been getting for years from DFAS-Cleveland in the amount of $34.48, but there is no pending CRSC payments of $456.52, I was under the impression that the CRSC would delete and replace that $34.48 from DFAS? Would I be receiving all three of these payments? I've uploaded my eRAS and CRSC Statement. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I did not review your statement; however the following applies:

--CRSC is not paid or have an accounting on a DFAS RAS. There is a separate CRSC statement shown in the menu of MyPay which you have seen.
--Based on the info you provided, you should receive:
a. Residual retired pay of 34.48 (separate payment)
plus
b. CRSC of 456.52 (separate payment)
plus
c. VA compensation of 1182.52 which is paid by the VA and never pro-rated (i.e., only paid in full months). That said, occasionally retro VA comp will be the difference between what was previously paid and the new, higher rate.

This situation is quite common and the official payday is Friday, the first. Additionally, I have experienced the CRSC payment not showing on my credit union account simultaneously with residual retired pay (when I had some).

Ron

Last edited:

Hello dram86 and congrats on getting approved. I can't help you with your question, but it seems RonG knows what is going on. I am curious though, can you tell me how long the process has taken for you...when did you apply? I know different people say the process can take 9 to 12 months but I was wondering how long it has been in your case. Again congrats on getting approved and I hope you see your money real soon.

I did not review your statement; however the following applies:

--CRSC is not paid or have an accounting on a DFAS RAS. There is a separate CRSC statement shown in the menu of MyPay which you have seen.
--Based on the info you provided, you should receive:
a. Residual retired pay of 34.48 (separate payment)
plus
b. CRSC of 456.52 (separate payment)
plus
c. VA compensation of 1182.52 which is paid by the VA and never pro-rated (i.e., only paid in full months). That said, occasionally retro VA comp will be the difference between what was previously paid and the new, higher rate.

This situation is quite common and the official payday is Friday, the first. Additionally, I have experienced the CRSC payment not showing on my credit union account simultaneously with residual retired pay (when I had some).

Ron
Thanks Ron, that's what I was assuming, I just wanted to make sure!

Hello dram86 and congrats on getting approved. I can't help you with your question, but it seems RonG knows what is going on. I am curious though, can you tell me how long the process has taken for you...when did you apply? I know different people say the process can take 9 to 12 months but I was wondering how long it has been in your case. Again congrats on getting approved and I hope you see your money real soon.
ArmyofOne1964 No Problem, so at exactly 12 months and a week I received my approval letter from the CRSC Department, that same day I called DFAS on the number provided on your approval letter to verify, that was May 22-24th, the lady from DFAS told me I would see my first CRSC payment on Jun 1st, and that my Retro Back Pay was in processing for audit and she said I should sit tight for 30-90 to even 120 Days to receive the backpay, she also mentioned sending the audit over to the VA to see if they owe me anything as well. Thats pretty much all I know at this point.

I applied September 11th 2017 and the CRSC was approved August 17th 2018 but the letter wasn't uploaded to my HRC account or sent to DFAS until August 31st. I still havent seen anything yet on Mypay even though alot of people post that they see something within a few days or like 10 days or so. I called DFAS and they said they recieved it and are working on it and that it should pay my 1st payment on the 1st so we will see. I cant wait for the back pay it will be almost 10k tax free.

I got my approval on September 26th 2018 still nothing in dfas and every time I call they tell me there still working my case and it could take 30-60 days to calculate my payments.

I was approved 1 Oct. 2018 and my CRSC statement appeared in MyPay today 24 Oct.

Paul
Salome, AZ

I got my approval on September 26th 2018 still nothing in dfas and every time I call they tell me there still working my case and it could take 30-60 days to calculate my payments.

I was approved September 16th or 18th. It just appeared on my mypay today for 1st payment. Waiting for that 5 figure back pay now.

I was approved September 16th or 18th. It just appeared on my mypay today for 1st payment. Waiting for that 5 figure back pay now.
Appreciate the heads up still nothing for me is your first payday Nov 1st and does mypay tell you total reward and how much backpay?

Appreciate the heads up still nothing for me is your first payday Nov 1st and does mypay tell you total reward and how much backpay?

It will show under CRSC pay statement. It only shows your monthly payment and its will be November 1st for me. Back pay doesnt get calculated until up to 90 days after receiving your first pay. Most people get the back pay sooner but DFAS has up to 90 days to finish the audit after your first payment. So should have mine by January.

Thanks again for the help and information. Next step for me is sit back and try to be patient. Take care and thanks for your service

Well after 2 hours on hold with DFAS I got my final number that was finalized October 29th one month and one day later. I’ll get my first check on December 1st back pay takes 90 additional days I was told. Atleast the waiting game is over my timeline was Feb 1, 2018 applied for CRSC and was awarded in August 26th 2018 and DFAS completed my paperwork October 29th 2018.

ArmyofOne1964 No Problem, so at exactly 12 months and a week I received my approval letter from the CRSC Department, that same day I called DFAS on the number provided on your approval letter to verify, that was May 22-24th, the lady from DFAS told me I would see my first CRSC payment on Jun 1st, and that my Retro Back Pay was in processing for audit and she said I should sit tight for 30-90 to even 120 Days to receive the backpay, she also mentioned sending the audit over to the VA to see if they owe me anything as well. Thats pretty much all I know at this point.
My question is did you get paid on the first like she said?

My question is did you get paid on the first like she said?
You are addressing questions to people who have not visited this site in a year in one case and several months in another (i.e., September 2018).

Recommend you look to people who have posted CRSC results recently.

Good luck,
Ron

You are addressing questions to people who have not visited this site in a year in one case and several months in another (i.e., September 2018).

Good luck,
Ron
Thank you..

Good luck,
Ron
Ron G, I guess on your bank account the pay do not show up until the day we get paid. And I still do not have a crsc statement in my pay...hmmm

Ron G, I guess on your bank account the pay do not show up until the day we get paid. And I still do not have a crsc statement in my pay...hmmm
Although some financial institutions will credit an account earlier, mine gives me credit on the actual payday which is normally the first of a month. The official payment date for 1-31 May 2019 is 31 May since June 1 is on a weekend.

I have received CRSC since 2005 (off and on) and my CRSC for the coming payment date was not available as of 0600 hours this morning.

Ron

Just checked on my husbands CRSC and now stating pending DFAS approval...does that mean his CRSC has been approved?