Contract Ended without MEB!

chincha999

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was sent home after being injured while going thru USAF drill school at LACKLAND AFB in Texas after returning to my unit at pope AAF by Ft Bragg in NC. Was on 30 day at a time orders and then my Security Forces Squadron was deactivated after Gov closures. Orders ended September 23, 2013 and since then they sent my MEB process to Tinker were my spouse retired after 24 yrs active Army.

Well I at the time had signed a 6 yr contract in the reserves but as of today have had NO ENDING OR REALLY BEGINNING of my MEB process. I went to Macalester Oklahoma ammunition depot to update my retired spouse and reserve ID and was informed your contract is OVER and you need to contact your unit 440th SFS at POPE AAF but stated they no longer exists they have deactivated. Sorry but that's not our problem ma'am and we canno update what your not in the system to approve.

Have tried contacting Peblo at tinker and just get the run around and tried to find contact for USAF HQ with no results. How can they just put me out with a MEB INCOMPLETE MEB and have no access to online Gov emails or my old unit were I served from 2008-2019. Since being sent home have had two shoulder rotary cuff repairs on both shoulders and three L 4-5 backsurgeries with at present the last one was a fusion with no help so know waiting on approval for back sensor to be place under my skin for the pain. Finally have been 100% disabled thru VA SINCE 2015.

So if ANYBODY has been thru this or have contacts or information that will advice or help me thru this would really appreciate it. After serving in 2009 OIF and 2012-2013 OEF in Afghanistan they just basically forgot about me. Have contact Peblo at tinker periodically over the yrs and they would say don't know or when we find out we will call you but to find out that they just kicked me out with no resolution makes me feel like I was good when I could do something for them but know disabled til I die and no Retireement no medical Retireement NOTHING! Yeah had my pity party know I'm pissed and want the US Air Force To give me what I earned doing what I loved protecting my family and nation. So PLEASE anything...

I would request a copy of your OMPF to see if there is anything there that can help you, dealing with deactivated units suck did you ever official in-process with your assigned reserve unit?

No I went to my first appointment to be seen by mental health as part of my MEB and next thing I know the commander over 72nd medical group on Tinker AFB by Oklahoma City is ordering me to be medically transported by some MSG. To JACK C MONTGOMERY medical facility and committed to the MH wing. It took my husband who served 24 years active duty army SFC. Jump master Infantry mortars a while to find me. When he did they would not even let him see me to calm me down so they sadated me cause I was freaken scared and losing it. He came a few days later on visitation day and told me DON'T say anything and act like your listening and say yes to anything to get you out of here and when you get out don't ever go back to that MH or you will be right back in this place.

After that called 72nd and asked if I needed to contact their security forces squadron and they stated no we have ALL your records and will be contacted to report by my so called idiot PEBLO who was like hunting for a needle in a hay stack to call and actual speak with her or anybody who apparently no one remembered my case OR ME!

I have been 100% disabled thru VA since 2015 and by still be on the books for the Air Force have not been able to even draw social security because if I am still in the reserves on 6 year contract I can still work. Sine being sent home by my unit I have had another rotary cuff repair of other shoulder three back surgeries and about to have a sensor trials because back surgeries failed after final fusion of my spin. It's like my unit just mailed my records to 72nd MED GROUP and that was it.

I have been calling tinker every day but NO ONE KNOWS WERE MY MED PROCESS IS AT RIGHT KNOW AND GETTING MY IG COMPLAINT READY! Though all the medication for my TBI PTSD and pain makes preparing anything a LONG process because I get angry have anxiety attacks and hallucinations and can't consintrate on anything from minute to minute. That's one of the reasons I wrote to ask anybody if they had went through the same situation and if they ever got a resolution.

My spouse has left me, almost homeless with my 7 rescue fur babies and am losing the will to deal with this anymore. I don't want to get anybody in trouble but I am lost on what to do next. My diagnosis of illnesses has made my spouse family and the few friends I had leave because they just don't know how to handle my moods or help me.

So any help would be appreciated! Thanks you for responding!

I would say to try and maybe get a hold of your Congressperson or a lawyer who specializes in MEB issues? Your situation sounds horrible and i wish i could be of help but please don't give up on anything. Hopefully some one on here will read your post soon and have some ideas for you. There are a lot of knowledgeable individuals on here who will point you in the right direction. Im unfortunately not one of these individuals but I can tell you you're never alone and there are always people who care. Just got to get through the ones that don't. Please keep us posted and good luck. Never give up!

How are you feeling right now? One thing to remember is you need to take things 1 problem at a time.

What is the biggest hurdle you need taken care of right now, the thing that is affecting you most?

If you are having anxiety issues over taking on the big picture, then lets break this down into manageable tasks. Even when you feel you are getting no help from the military, you still have civilian contacts, like jbugg said, I am sure a congressman would love to hear your story especially if he was a voting member against your original base closing.

How about family readiness on base? Just talking this through with a human that cares about your side of the story could be a huge relief for your right now.

Did you ever get any resolution back in 2011?

Well, spouse PCS to new duty station, and i am back at my AFB on Active Duty LOD orders with my reserve unit. All was going well, until i tried to change my address to spouse new address to receive travel pay and perdiem that pays for my lodging while getting medical treatment. Now have exhausted all avenues of help, with Command, medical, and finances, and none will budge to help me. My unit has done everything to resolve this issue.

Also have been working with both reserve and active Inspector Generals (IG), three to be exact. AFRAC who issues orders cannot stop orders only Modify them, finance states they must be stopped and new ones issues, AFRAC states this would interfere with medical treatment, no breaks in orders can be made. Medical got AFRAC to modify with travel and perdiem approval, finance still will not budge. I do not know what else can be done. If i just go home will only be approved for medical treatment through VA. and no monthly income, with now two house holds to support. I am so stressed out and spouse just wants me to come home. We cannot afford for me to come home, with no income and injury still unresolved. So please if anybody has answers let me have them ASAP!:mad: