COVID-19 Impact on FPEBs and IDES in General

ArmyDiabeticHulk

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a formal PEB schedule for July, as of yet it hasn’t been cancelled and my PEBLO doesn’t seem to know his head from his ass so had no info. Has anyone heard anything solid on what the PEB people are planning moving forward? Thanks!

well I am working in an ER right now screening, testing and triaging potential covid 19 patients. Is it fun for me or for my family, no but I am happy to do it because it’s the job I am asked to do. Wish the PEB would do theirs. Sorry to vent it’s just frustrating for people to just throw up their hands and say oh sorry we can work right now because it’s too high risk. I don’t say that when I am going In to work every day right now to take care of our service members and their families to the best of my ability despite all my medical issues.

I understand the frustration. There are not many who are not fristrated with the slowness of the MEB/PEB process, perhaps with the exception of those that need a long process to make 20 or max out their high 3 due to a recent promotion.

I think I'm one of the few that was happy for a delay, in a bad situation with the PEB denying me retirement after more than 16 years in the military. About to lose healthcare in the middle of a pandemic. Quick update though, I've been contacted by my PEBLO and it looks like my formal PEB will go on as schedule at the end of July, it will be done telephonically. Apparently even a worldwide pandemic will not deter them from getting rid of me as quickly as possible. About to lose healthcare and job security as this COVID-19 issue continues to screw everything up, wish me luck...