Covid Timeline and Questions

UPDATE AUG 2020:

For personal reasons, mostly my own sanity, I chose LDES. You can elect LDES after enrolled in IDES and your VA case will be essentially deleted and you can do a new case when you are out. I signed for my IMR at the beginning of August and now at the end of August got my ratings back and accepted them. It's not great, but I was expecting the minimum to be considered retired, and I got it. I will have orders in 10 or so days, and will be moving on finally.

*I do not recommend doing it this way, but if you weigh your own personal pros and cons it may be useful to pursue LDES. I would highly advise talking to legal as many times as necessary to know what you are entitled to and what you should be getting, and understanding the cons of doing LDES before pursuing it. However, it is very fast considering I've been waiting over a year and a half and now got to a point for orders in one month. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how you get there, know your options and entitlements. Most importantly put yourself and your family first, no matter what anyone tells you everything is different for everyone.*

If anyone has any questions on this process I would be glad to answer but I recommend seeking the necessary legal counsel before you consider going through LDES.

I agree with you that the sanity and moving on portion is huge. I am going with IDES even though it has caused my anxiety and stress to raise severely. Every day I ask myself if I feel ready for the fight of the day, head into my squadron where I feel so anxious it hurts along with the migraines, vertigo, dizziness, nausea, and other symptoms i feel often. By going to work I get told im obviously healthy, but if i do not go to work i get threatened with paperwork and punishment. It is a fine line. I get what you are saying, but my anxiety it a double edged sword. I cant stop and wont stop fighting for what I know i deserve, and i know IDES is the quickest way to that end. Like you said, weight it against your personal choices and legal advice, and make what choice is right for you! I appreciate you sharing your story with us, and hope you keep posting to help others!

UPDATE AUG 2020:

For personal reasons, mostly my own sanity, I chose LDES. You can elect LDES after enrolled in IDES and your VA case will be essentially deleted and you can do a new case when you are out. I signed for my IMR at the beginning of August and now at the end of August got my ratings back and accepted them. It's not great, but I was expecting the minimum to be considered retired, and I got it. I will have orders in 10 or so days, and will be moving on finally.

*I do not recommend doing it this way, but if you weigh your own personal pros and cons it may be useful to pursue LDES. I would highly advise talking to legal as many times as necessary to know what you are entitled to and what you should be getting, and understanding the cons of doing LDES before pursuing it. However, it is very fast considering I've been waiting over a year and a half and now got to a point for orders in one month. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how you get there, know your options and entitlements. Most importantly put yourself and your family first, no matter what anyone tells you everything is different for everyone.*

If anyone has any questions on this process I would be glad to answer but I recommend seeking the necessary legal counsel before you consider going through LDES.
what is the difference? im guard so ive allready gotten ratings for what im getting MEB for.