Crohn's and MEB initiation

Nick100889

Registered Member
I was reading over some of the other posts about Crohn's and it seems like I am getting different information. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in January 2019 with a partial blockage in the small intestines, I have tried mesalamine and it was deemed a failure. About 3 weeks ago, I started Humira and mercaptapurine, which caused my MEB to start today since they fall under the biologics family. I know some other posts were saying that biologics shouldn't cause an MEB but in my case it has. Also it seems like some of the MEBs are taking a long time but here at Fort Eustis, it seems like they have them down to a science and wanted to know what to all expect, I have 2 weeks before I meet with my PEBLO. I want to stay in the military and I am pretty asymptomatic, occasionally eating the wrong food will put me in a fair amount of pain but nothing that I can't continue to work through. In July I will hit 11 years time in service and want to go for 20. If there is any information that ya'll can offer I would appreciate it, thinks like what to say and what not to say.

Thank you for the help,
Nick

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">