CRSC 1 time denial last year, try again reconsideration any tips.

Galan9999

Registered Member
I have been following this forum for some time, I have decided to register to see if someone can help me. It turns out that in 2018, I sent a request to crsc for depression, back, leg disabilities that was denied. They explained to me the reasons why they were denied but they never told me why my depression was denied.

A little summary about my mental condition is that I did a duty in Afghanistan in 2017, due to the bullied and exposed to indirect fire from the enemy I developed a severe depression with psychosis that later gave me a second diagnosis with ptsd. In the medical reports during the deployment before they took me out for medevac. They wrote the events of my mental decline. psychiatric in kuwait a few days after what happened wrote ( being bullied by unit member and recient combat-relate stress when he was exposed to indirect fire attacks in afghanistan)
Another statement say the same ( occupational stress, being bullied in his unit, and experiencies of indirect fire. After that they game treatment in fort stewart and they gave me the MB. In the PEB the pshyquiatric conclude my mental health deterioration was the bullied with indirect fire in afghanistan. The army give 100% for major depression with psycosis with DD199 say combat relate. Couple month later
continuing my treament in VA they gave me a second diagnosis PTSD relation combat - war event. To this date i Still experiences symtomp for that streful traumatic event in afghanistan.
Other information i have i am currently 100% VA and Army. Army remove me from TDRL put me PDRL. All army PEB findings say combat related. I dont have any award relate to combat, my strong evidence i could finds is the treatment records in kuwait days after the event mentioned above.
Please any advices

Hello @Galan9999

This organization helps some veterans with their CRSC applications: LINK <---

Here is a collection of CRSC information: LINK <---- The appeal/reconsideration process is discussed at some of the other links provided at the site.

Please note that not all disabilities that have their origin in a combat zone will be considered combat related. Does your VA award letter received in the mail show that your PTSD is combat related? If so. that would be a key piece of evidence for your appeal.

Ron

Sounds like you dont have a stressor for the MH.

I have been following this forum for some time, I have decided to register to see if someone can help me. It turns out that in 2018, I sent a request to crsc for depression, back, leg disabilities that was denied. They explained to me the reasons why they were denied but they never told me why my depression was denied.

A little summary about my mental condition is that I did a duty in Afghanistan in 2017, due to the bullied and exposed to indirect fire from the enemy I developed a severe depression with psychosis that later gave me a second diagnosis with ptsd. In the medical reports during the deployment before they took me out for medevac. They wrote the events of my mental decline. psychiatric in kuwait a few days after what happened wrote ( being bullied by unit member and recient combat-relate stress when he was exposed to indirect fire attacks in afghanistan)
Another statement say the same ( occupational stress, being bullied in his unit, and experiencies of indirect fire. After that they game treatment in fort stewart and they gave me the MB. In the PEB the pshyquiatric conclude my mental health deterioration was the bullied with indirect fire in afghanistan. The army give 100% for major depression with psycosis with DD199 say combat relate. Couple month later
continuing my treament in VA they gave me a second diagnosis PTSD relation combat - war event. To this date i Still experiences symtomp for that streful traumatic event in afghanistan.
Other information i have i am currently 100% VA and Army. Army remove me from TDRL put me PDRL. All army PEB findings say combat related. I dont have any award relate to combat, my strong evidence i could finds is the treatment records in kuwait days after the event mentioned above.
Please any advices
Proving your PTSD is CAUSALLY RELATED to the indirect fire is crucial for your CRSC claim. Your claim would be under "instrumentality of war" or "armed conflict", depending on the circumstances. Do you have copies of or can you obtain all your medical records from in theater? LOD's, Purple Heart, (if applicable) medical records, etc combined with a detailed statement from your Commander or 1SG in direct command of you while in theater and if they were on scene when the incidents happed is also a huge plus. This was the difference in me winning my appeal for CRSC just last month.

Please any advices
Sounds like you got robbed of at least a CAB with the indirect fire...

This may or may not help. You have to expand on your PTSD(and any secondary issues to them) as being fear related due to instruments of war and constant fear of death. They denied me as well by going directly off of my VA record without looking at the history.(then again I hired someone and should have shot it down as their put together was complete garbage and they left stuff out.) They have also told me the VA cannot say it was combat related. Which is also false . Debunk their statements with facts and their misrepresentation of issues. As they clearly didnt read or go through the packet.

Please any advices
Update?