CRSC Application

JRod79

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What are the recommended forms utilized to submit with the CRSC application?

Thank You

Each service has their own instructions for CRSC applications although the requirements are similar.

The links to the service CRSC pages and a collection of other CRSC info is at A Supplement to CRSC Information <--LINK

Ron

edit to add:
From the Army:
Gather your documentary evidence:
  • Copies of DD 214/215s. Be sure to retain a copy for your records
  • All VA-rating decisions including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets
  • Medical records that show the causation of the disability(not needed are numerous pages showing the treatment or severity)
Hello @JRod79 ,

Documents to Support your CRSC Claim:

Including relevant supporting documentation with your CRSC claim assists CRSC in determining CRSC eligibility. Time and again, claims come in lacking supporting documentation linking the injury to a combat-related situation. Click for combat-related definitions.

When completing the DD Form 2860 (CRSC Claim Form), please include the following documents to verify your injuries as combat-related.
Claim Form <----LINK

Essential Documents:

1. All available DD 214s/ DD 215s. You may obtain copies online from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Be sure to retain a copy for your records.
  2. All complete Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Rating Decisions/ VA Physician Reports/ VA Medical Records specifically showing the causation of the disability (including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets)
IMPORTANT- If you have copies of your VA records please send copies to the U.S. Army CRSC Division.
Highly Recommended Documents:

1. Medical Records (showing the disability causation)
  2. Award Certificates and/or narratives
  3. Military Medical Treatment Facility Records (showing the disability causation)
  4. Military Orders
Suggested Documents:

1. Military Quadrennial Physical Examinations
  2. Military Retirement Physicals
  3. Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings
  4. Clinical Records or Notes (showing the disability causation)
  5. Sick Slips
  6. Western Union Casualty Notification Telegrams
  7. Officers Record Brief
  8. Enlisted Records Brief
Note: DO NOT send original records, please send copies. If all you have is a copy, please be sure to retain a copy for your own records.

When submitting Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings (PEB), DA Form 199, etc. as supporting documentation, please recognize that Physical Disability Agency (PDA) determinations are in reference to other laws than CRSC. An example is combat related under 26 USC 104, which is similar to CRSC, but because they are different laws there may be variance between PDA determinations of combat related and that of CRSC's determination.

Last edited:
Each service has their own instructions for CRSC applications although the requirements are similar.

The links to the service CRSC pages and a collection of other CRSC info is at A Supplement to CRSC Information <--LINK

Ron

edit to add:
From the Army:
Gather your documentary evidence:
  • Copies of DD 214/215s. Be sure to retain a copy for your records
  • All VA-rating decisions including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets
  • Medical records that show the causation of the disability(not needed are numerous pages showing the treatment or severity)
Hello @JRod79 ,

Documents to Support your CRSC Claim:

Including relevant supporting documentation with your CRSC claim assists CRSC in determining CRSC eligibility. Time and again, claims come in lacking supporting documentation linking the injury to a combat-related situation. Click for combat-related definitions.

When completing the DD Form 2860 (CRSC Claim Form), please include the following documents to verify your injuries as combat-related.
Claim Form <----LINK

Essential Documents:

1. All available DD 214s/ DD 215s. You may obtain copies online from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Be sure to retain a copy for your records.
  2. All complete Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Rating Decisions/ VA Physician Reports/ VA Medical Records specifically showing the causation of the disability (including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets)
IMPORTANT- If you have copies of your VA records please send copies to the U.S. Army CRSC Division.
Highly Recommended Documents:

1. Medical Records (showing the disability causation)
  2. Award Certificates and/or narratives
  3. Military Medical Treatment Facility Records (showing the disability causation)
  4. Military Orders
Suggested Documents:

1. Military Quadrennial Physical Examinations
  2. Military Retirement Physicals
  3. Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings
  4. Clinical Records or Notes (showing the disability causation)
  5. Sick Slips
  6. Western Union Casualty Notification Telegrams
  7. Officers Record Brief
  8. Enlisted Records Brief
Note: DO NOT send original records, please send copies. If all you have is a copy, please be sure to retain a copy for your own records.

When submitting Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings (PEB), DA Form 199, etc. as supporting documentation, please recognize that Physical Disability Agency (PDA) determinations are in reference to other laws than CRSC. An example is combat related under 26 USC 104, which is similar to CRSC, but because they are different laws there may be variance between PDA determinations of combat related and that of CRSC's determination.
Thank you Ron

@RonG you seem to be the CRSC guru and would greatly appreciate some help. Would it be ok to pm you?
Sure...I can do CRSC estimates with the correct info.

I cannot predict whether one’s CRSC application will be approved.

A link to a collection of CRSC info will appear below this post.

Once I see your PM I will reply. I am in and out most days.

Regards,
Ron

@RonG Quick question since they've already started a threat on it.

I finally received documentation from the VA for my ratings. Never got anything in the mail but va.gov showed my ratings so I called and they emailed my decision letter (it's like 47 pages). I never received code sheets, though. Since I was army is that something I need or just include that 47 page packet with my CRSC app?

@RonG Quick question since they've already started a threat on it.

I finally received documentation from the VA for my ratings. Never got anything in the mail but va.gov showed my ratings so I called and they emailed my decision letter (it's like 47 pages). I never received code sheets, though. Since I was army is that something I need or just include that 47 page packet with my CRSC app?
Hello @armyaviator

I have filed multiple successful CRSC applications and never included code sheets (which I did not have). As you likely know, the Army instructions suggest the code sheets be submitted.

If your VA rating decision does not include a rating code sheet, you may request a copy of the code sheet by personally going to your assigned regional office to request a copy. You may also request a copy in writing under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552(a)).

Most of my claims were simple...exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam related.

I have not looked at eBenefits in years; you might review that page and determine if they are included. I do not remember.

Over the years, I have seen many CRSC applications approved without the codes being reviewed. However, that doesn't mean they don't kick back some.

If the Regional Office is close to your location, I would go there and request copies. If it is not, I might consider submitting without the codes (as I have done previously), but that is just me...

Good luck,
Ron

Hello @armyaviator

I have filed multiple successful CRSC applications and never included code sheets (which I did not have). As you likely know, the Army instructions suggest the code sheets be submitted.

If your VA rating decision does not include a rating code sheet, you may request a copy of the code sheet by personally going to your assigned regional office to request a copy. You may also request a copy in writing under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552(a)).

Most of my claims were simple...exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam related.

I have not looked at eBenefits in years; you might review that page and determine if they are included. I do not remember.

Over the years, I have seen many CRSC applications approved without the codes being reviewed. However, that doesn't mean they don't kick back some.

If the Regional Office is close to your location, I would go there and request copies. If it is not, I might consider submitting without the codes (as I have done previously), but that is just me...

Good luck,
Ron
Awesome thank you!