CRSC at ten months processing time Army

Thanks and see below.

$4,469 gross

$3,760.64 VA waiver (spouse, child in college, and SMC M housebound (VA 100%))

Denied CRSC
1. Current DoD disability retirement gross: 4469/0.50 (item 2) = 8938 high three

2. DoD disability retirement percentage. = 50%

3. Years and months of active duty : = 8 years 1 mo assumed You did not change this so...8.0833 yr x 2.5% = 20.21 multiplier

4. 8938 hi three x 20.21% = ~1806 longevity portion of retired pay

5. Gross retired pay minus VA offset: 4469 - 3760 = 709 residual retired pay

6. VA compensation percentage/rate: 3760

7. Longevity portion of retired pay minus residual retired pay: 1806 - 709 = 1097

8. Expected CRSC approval by service: unknown

IF CRSC were approved for you, you would receive the LESSER of the amount determined at item 7 OR the rate/percentage at item 8 (which would mirror the same rate in the VA compensation tables) minus the residual retired pay shown at item 5.

Note: "Reductions for periods on or after January 1, 2013.
1. Members retired for disability under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 61 with 20 or more years of creditable service computed under section 10 U.S.C. § 1208 will have the maximum CRSC payment restricted to the amount, which when combined with any remaining retired pay after VA offset, will not exceed the applicable retired pay to which the member would otherwise have been entitled under any other provisions of law."

1. Current DoD disability retirement gross: 4469/0.50 (item 2) = 8938 high three

2. DoD disability retirement percentage. = 50%

3. Years and months of active duty : = 8 years 1 mo assumed You did not change this so...8.0833 yr x 2.5% = 20.21 multiplier

4. 8938 hi three x 20.21% = ~1806 longevity portion of retired pay

5. Gross retired pay minus VA offset: 4469 - 3760 = 709 residual retired pay

6. VA compensation percentage/rate: 3760

7. Longevity portion of retired pay minus residual retired pay: 1806 - 709 = 1097

8. Expected CRSC approval by service: unknown

IF CRSC were approved for you, you would receive the LESSER of the amount determined at item 7 OR the rate/percentage at item 8 (which would mirror the same rate in the VA compensation tables) minus the residual retired pay shown at item 5.

Note: "Reductions for periods on or after January 1, 2013.
1. Members retired for disability under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 61 with 20 or more years of creditable service computed under section 10 U.S.C. § 1208 will have the maximum CRSC payment restricted to the amount, which when combined with any remaining retired pay after VA offset, will not exceed the applicable retired pay to which the member would otherwise have been entitled under any other provisions of law."

thanks.. I really do appreciate the help.

Any updates to anyone here? I applied last year April 3 2017 and when I call HRC they tell me still processing.

Indeed, I completed by CRSC application in May 2017 also. So, hopefully the both of us shall receive an approval letter in the distant future. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Any updates?

Same here applied April 3. Called they said still processing.
you can always keep an eye on your documents portal of the HRC website, to see if they upload an approval letter whenever they finally finish it.

Any updates?
None to date, unfortunately! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Got My approval on 29 Jan 2018. Now the process of waiting for payment.
UPDATE --> I recieved my first payment on 1 April 2018. Then got the back pay 03 April 2018.

Still waiting
I'm Army and here is what I got --> I recieved my first payment on 1 April 2018. Then got the back pay 03 April 2018.

Update: just got CRSC approval at 90% today, will advise with payments
Indeed, outstanding news; congratulations! :D Take care! :cool:

Best Wishes!

I first found out by viewing the my documents portal on hrc.army.mil
Then I called to verify. Then yesterday I received the mailed copy.

I first found out by viewing the my documents portal on hrc.army.mil
Then I called to verify. Then yesterday I received the mailed copy.
Thanks. That is what I have been doing, checking it everyday. I'm at 11 months right now so hopefully I hear something soon.

Mine was received by hrc 20170424
Mine was approved by hrc 20180424
Mine appeared on hrc 20180426
Received hardcopyby mail 20180430
On the hrc site, it'll appear as a new entry as of the date entered... And it'll say on first page in middle paragraph if it's approved.

Appreciate it. Mine was received on 6 June 2017 so hopefully it comes through soon. Let us know when you receive initial and back payment.