CRSC Back Pay Time-Line

cheapho24

Registered Member
Hello guys I am new here was wondering if someone could help me about my question.. So I was retired Feb 2016 E5 11yrs in service. Married and Got 2 kids. Im at 90%VA and I applied March 2017 for crsc and receive a approval letter for 70%crsc October 2018. Yeah it was a long wait i don't know why.. Anyways I check my dfas account yesterday and says my retropay was $920. and get paid today my first payment. I was wondering if I will be receiving a back pay? it's a total of 20months of crsc since i applied...Hopefully anyone could give me hope. Thanks!

RonG

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello guys I am new here was wondering if someone could help me about my question.. So I was retired Feb 2016 E5 11yrs in service. Married and Got 2 kids. Im at 90%VA and I applied March 2017 for crsc and receive a approval letter for 70%crsc October 2018. Yeah it was a long wait i don't know why.. Anyways I check my dfas account yesterday and says my retropay was $920. and get paid today my first payment. I was wondering if I will be receiving a back pay? it's a total of 20months of crsc since i applied...Hopefully anyone could give me hope. Thanks!
Your effective date for CRSC will be shown in the CRSC approval letter you received from your service. That is the primary factor in determining if you will receive retroactive payment.

You said you received "retro pay" of $920. The jargon term "retro" is usually used in military circles to indicate for an earlier period, as in "retroactive."

If your CRSC approval letter shows a retroactive effective date, you would be entitled to the LESSER of either:
--High three average base pay x 27.5% = dollar amount of longevity portion of retired pay
OR
--The amount found in the VA compensation tables for 70% veteran with spouse and 2 children under 18 (guess at ages). The tables are also used for CRSC.
Note: If you have residual (left over) retired pay after the VA offset, that amount will reduce the CRSC payable each month.

Wait times for retro CRSC payments vary. I have seen a range from 1 month to 6 months in recent posts here and elsewhere.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">