CRSC Burn Pits

Charles779

Registered Member
I deployed to Ali Air Base, Iraq in 2006. I would sometimes work in close proximity to the burn pit. I started having respiratory issues after this deployment and was diagnosed with asthma in 2015. After I was med boarded I applied for CRSC for my asthma rated at 30% in 2018. It was denied. The VA has recently made asthma, rhinitis, and sinusitis presumptive service connected conditions from burn pits in the SW Asia theater. If I apply for a reconsideration, would my chances for approval now improve? Has anyone successfully received CRSC for respiratory conditions?

I deployed to Ali Air Base, Iraq in 2006. I would sometimes work in close proximity to the burn pit. I started having respiratory issues after this deployment and was diagnosed with asthma in 2015. After I was med boarded I applied for CRSC for my asthma rated at 30% in 2018. It was denied. The VA has recently made asthma, rhinitis, and sinusitis presumptive service connected conditions from burn pits in the SW Asia theater. If I apply for a reconsideration, would my chances for approval now improve? Has anyone successfully received CRSC for respiratory conditions?
Hello @Charles779 ,

1. It seems your chances would be better based on the limited info available.

2. Your chances are zero if you do not file.

Good luck,
Ron

I recommend you re-file.

Great question, I’m curious as well how this will work out,

Hey Charles779, I was in Balad, Iraq in 06, I literally applied for CRSC yesterday, luckily I found a memo letter from the Air Force stating the hazards of the burn pits while deployed there. I will let you know if I get awarded CRSC. I have shortness of breath VA rating of 30.

Hey Charles779, I was in Balad, Iraq in 06, I literally applied for CRSC yesterday, luckily I found a memo letter from the Air Force stating the hazards of the burn pits while deployed there. I will let you know if I get awarded CRSC. I have shortness of breath VA rating of 30.
Let me know too! My wife was deployed to Balad in 05 while in the Army and has a very severe case of chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps & Chronic Migraines. Both of which are her unfitting conditions. I am hoping the Sinusitis is awarded for CRSC once she gets out. She is waiting to apply until she is medically retired and her VA ratings become official.

Let me know too! My wife was deployed to Balad in 05 while in the Army and has a very severe case of chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps & Chronic Migraines. Both of which are her unfitting conditions. I am hoping the Sinusitis is awarded for CRSC once she gets out. She is waiting to apply until she is medically retired and her VA ratings become official.
I definitely will keep you updated. I will post the memo in a bit

I was in Balad in 2006 as well. I applied for the sinusitis issues, waiting on VA for a decision

I too am interested as I have deployed to K2, bagram, Kandahar, tallil Iraq, and cob speicher. Most of them have dod letters detailing the pollution issues and there are several presumptive issues the va recognizes. I‘m hoping they recognize this for crsc purposes, my case is at the va for ratings so I have started to gather the documents I need before I loose the easy access to my records

I too am interested as I have deployed to K2, bagram, Kandahar, tallil Iraq, and cob speicher. Most of them have dod letters detailing the pollution issues and there are several presumptive issues the va recognizes. I‘m hoping they recognize this for crsc purposes, my case is at the va for ratings so I have started to gather the documents I need before I loose the easy access to my records
If anyone comes across a memo about the air quality in balad Iraq I would appreciate it if you posted it for the rest of us.

Thank you hawk turner, that’s the exact one I was going to post. I got busy and just logged back in to post it. Thanks again. For CRSC that’s what I sent in my packet guys.

Good morning guys, I logged into HRC this morning, and I saw my decision letter for the CRSC app I turned in OCT 18, it only gave me 10% for rhinitis, nothing for migraines, or breathing issues. But I will appeal it and see what happens. Hey at least it’s something. Good luck and keep us posted on your results

I got rhinitis approved 10 percent for CRSC

My husband was in Balad in 05 also got denied for breathing problem in 09, he never pursue if after that. They told him in his pre deployment physical he had COPD(documented too). He lost 44% of his lungs from '04-2018. He just died here June of this year...cause of death COPD. :(