Crsc calculation ????

OJ,

For cross-checking:

1. High 3 amount 3310 X 30% = 993 Retired Pay
  2. All retired pay waived due to new VA rate @ 100% 3521.79
  3. 12.167 years AD x 2.5% = 30.42% multiplier
  4. High three amount 3310 X 30.42% multiplier = ~1007 dollar amount of longevity portion of retirement
  5. 70% CRSC approved new rates = 1721.71
  6. Your CRSC will be the lesser between item 4 and item 5 = 1007 Except CRSC cannot exceed waived retired pay = 993 CRSC
  7. CRSC also cannot exceed the waived retired pay at item numbers 1-2. = 993
Comment regarding item three: The years used in this computation must be active duty years or active duty equivalent.

Ron

OJ,

For cross-checking:

1. High 3 amount 3310 X 30% = 993 Retired Pay
  4. High three amount 3310 X 30.42% multiplier = ~1007 dollar amount of longevity portion of retirement
  6. Your CRSC will be the lesser between item 4 and item 5 = 1007 Except CRSC cannot exceed waived retired pay = 993 CRSC
  7. CRSC also cannot exceed the waived retired pay at item numbers 1-2. = 993
Comment regarding item three: The years used in this computation must be active duty years or active duty equivalent.

Ron

Thanks Ron

Yes 12 yrs straight AD

My Question is will i get back pay from VA and DFAS? O by the way my CRSC is 80% and my crsc effective date is April 17, 2018

Thanks Ron

Yes 12 yrs straight AD

My Question is will i get back pay from VA and DFAS? O by the way my CRSC is 80% and my crsc effective date is April 17, 2018

OJ,

Re: “O by the way my CRSC is 80%...”

I used 70% based on the info you furnished earlier:
70%Crsc
100%VA
30% Army

That does not change the computation however since the lower amount is the longevity portion of retired pay. Based on the info you provided, you should receive retro CRSC from DFAS. CRSC does not affect VA payments.

Combat Related Special Compensation for Chapter 61 (disability) retirees is the lesser of

--a. the dollar amount of the longevity portion of the DoD retired pay
or
--b. the dollar amount of VA compensation for combat related disabilities. (Approved percentage mirrors the rates found in the VA compensation tables.)

Notes: Active duty time is used to determine the longevity portion. Reservists can use their total career retired points and divide by 360 to determine the active duty equivalent factor.
Residual retired pay after VA offset reduces the CRSC for CH 61 retirees.

Ron

Hi Gsfowler,

I have 19.5 years of service; 13 years Active and 7.5 years traditional m-day time. No break in service. Is all of my time in service included in the calculation or just my Active Duty time?

Good afternoon, all: Can someone help me calculating my CRSC entitlement?

1. High three average $4,745.00/$2,372.50
  2. Precise number of active duty or active duty equivalent years and months. 20 Years and 4 months
  3. DoD Disability percentage : 50% DoD corrected percentage
  4. VA percentage; the amount; and number of dependents by category 100%; $3,227.58; spouse
  5. Approved CRSC 60%

Good afternoon, all: Can someone help me calculating my CRSC entitlement?

1. High three average $4,745.00/$2,372.50
  2. Precise number of active duty or active duty equivalent years and months. 20 Years and 4 months
  3. DoD Disability percentage : 50% DoD corrected percentage
  4. VA percentage; the amount; and number of dependents by category 100%; $3,227.58; spouse
  5. Approved CRSC 60%
Hello,

Are you a CH 61 disability retiree or a regular 20 year retiree?

Ron

Medically retired sir
Hello and thank you.

I'll make this easy.

You reported that you have a medical retirement @ 50%, but since you had 20 Years and 4 months active duty you qualified for a regular retirement AND CRDP.

With CRDP, you should be receiving all your VA compensation and the dollar amount of the longevity portion of your retired pay. Page two of your DFAS RAS should include a comment about your CRDP.

With CRSC @ 60%, you would be losing money when compared with CRDP. You would have all your retired pay offset by the amount of VA compensation (which results in zero retired pay based on your info). CRSC would replace the waived retired pay at 60% found in the VA compensation tables. That amount would be $1,215.86.

Again, CRDP is the better choice for you.

Ron

Tha k you very much sir I really appreciate your help and helping other folks on here
Thank you.

Please return if you have additional questions.

Ron

Ovenny.J,

1. High 3 amount ? X 30% = Retired Pay
  4. High three amount ? X 30.42% multiplier = dollar amount of longevity portion of retirement
  6. Your CRSC will be the lesser between item 4 and item 5
  7. CRSC also cannot exceed the waived retired pay at item numbers 1-2.
Ron?

Can someone help me, I am being told that CRSC will benefit me more.

My top three is $4282
20 yrs 9 months (I took the redux. so I get 43.75% retirement)
100% T&P disability $3227.58

So right now I get:
$1974 retirement pay
$3227.58 VA disability T&P

So I need help on which is more beneficial? and would I receive any back pay?

Can someone help me, I am being told that CRSC will benefit me more.

My top three is $4282
20 yrs 9 months (I took the redux. so I get 43.75% retirement)
100% T&P disability $3227.58

So right now I get:
$1974 retirement pay
$3227.58 VA disability T&P

So I need help on which is more beneficial? and would I receive any back pay?

Re: CRSC for a REDUX retiree

I infer you want to know whether CRDP (not mentioned by you) or CRSC is more beneficial in your case.

It depends.

Although not stated, it appears your CRDP is $1974. The amount of CRDP is shown on page two of the DFAS RAS. It is also included in the gross on page one and very well could be the entire gross pay. CRDP is taxable.

CRSC is not taxable.

CRSC would be either the longevity portion of your retirement (using REDUX formula), which seems to be 1974 (no mention was made of a disability CH 61 retirement)
OR
the approved percentage approved by your service for CRSC; the amount is shown in the VA compensation tables.
whichever is the lesser.

General (my opinion).

CRSC is the best choice if ALL your service connected disabilities are approved for CRSC.
CRDP is the best choice if some of your service connected disabilities are not approved for CRSC.

If your CRSC application is approved, the DFAS will automatically pay the higher of CRDP or CRSC. They will give you the opportunity to change it if you choose.

Ron

Dsscout,

Re: "So I need help on which is more beneficial? and would I receive any back pay? "

I addressed the "more beneficial" issue in the preceding post.

Back pay? If you have already received CRDP for the retro period, then there will be no retro CRSC due.

CRDP is the mechanism that allows concurrent receipt of retired pay and VA compensation. CRSC replaces waived retired pay...some or all.

See this webpage: Understanding the VA Waiver and Retired Pay/CRDP/CRSC Adjustments <---LINK

Ron

Addendum.

There is a collection of CRSC information at THIS LINK <—-

Ron

Where can I find the CRSC ratings per percentage? Googling does not help.
The CRSC percentage approved by one's service mirrors the percentages and amounts found in the VA compensation tables.

However, most CH 61 retirees are usually limited to the longevity portion of retired pay amount.

There are dozens of examples on this subject within this forum. Key Words CRSC estimate

Good luck,
Ron

The VA uses the info at this Link <—

38 CFR Subpart B - Disability Ratings

See schedule of Ratings at the end of each section.

Ron

Trying to ensure my CRSC amount is correct.

1) Gross Retired Pay = $4906 (High 3 Avg = $6541.33)
2) 100% DOD
3) 16y 1m Active Duty
4) VA Comp 100%, amount $3801.87 (Spouse, 2 children under 18, and SMC (S-1))
5) 100%
6) No

CRSC amount = ???

Thanks for the feedback