CRSC Estimate

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
-- 1,945.00 On Ras.
--I was approved for 60% DOD in my medical retirements, with is $1,945.00.
-- I have 18 years and 9 months and 20 days of active duty (20 year letter from reserves)
--I receive 100% P&T VA with is $3520.00 I have a wife and 2 kids that are under 18 years, with One in college.
--Submitted for CRSC Low End would put me at 50% with just Gulf War related stuff. Additional 10% if they accept the tinnitus for a total of 60%.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
-- 1,945.00 On Ras.
--I was approved for 60% DOD in my medical retirements, with is $1,945.00.
-- I have 18 years and 9 months and 20 days of active duty (20 year letter from reserves)
--I receive 100% P&T VA with is $3520.00 I have a wife and 2 kids that are under 18 years, with One in college.
--Submitted for CRSC Low End would put me at 50% with just Gulf War related stuff. Additional 10% if they accept the tinnitus for a total of 60%.
Estimate:
1. 1945 Gross retired divided by 0.60 = 3241.66 high three
2. 1945 gross is reduced to zero by amount of VA comp received
3. 18.75 AD years x 2.5% = 46.88% longevity multiplier
4. 3241.66 x 0.4688 = 1519.69 longevity portion of retired pay
5. 50% CRSC with spouse, 2 c under 18, 1 in college = $1,026.36 + $42.00 +$136.00 Total: $1204.36

Your CRSC would be $1204.36 @ 50% using the info you provided.

Ron
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
RaiderX,

Since you have 20 good years and a VA rating of =>50%, you will be eligible for CRDP once you meet the Reserve age requirement for retirement with pay. It appears your CRDP (instead of CRSC) would be 1519.69 longevity portion of retired pay .

Ron
 

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron,

That's still 16 years away. So until they change the rules, this will have to do until then.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron,

That's still 16 years away. So until they change the rules, this will have to do until then.
Good point...

Of course time flies. I retired from active duty almost 30 years ago, after a 24+ year career (22.75 AD; 2 reserves).

Ron
 

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The other points to this are CRCS I don't worry about paying federal theft(taxes) on the 1591. As well as I can make 1200 grow by investing it or saving it now which I cant do with the CRDP money currently.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The other points to this are CRCS I don't worry about paying federal theft(taxes) on the 1591. As well as I can make 1200 grow by investing it or saving it now which I cant do with the CRDP money currently.
Yes and at one point I accepted CRSC even though it was less than the CRDP I received by several hundred dollars.

I had income separate from the DFAS payments and I determined that even taking the lesser amount (CRSC) I was better off due to the tax benefits.

That decision was based on computations involving my overall taxable income with CRDP, etc.

Good luck,
Ron
 

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Timeline
8 Aug E-mailed packet to HRC
15 Aug Called HRC to verify receipt of documents and that every thing was there that was needed said they didn't see anything in the system
15 Aug Resubmitted Docs
16 Aug Called HRC to validate receipt of docs. Was Told ever thing was there
19 Aug Received Letter from HRC stating that they had received my docs
 

gmatt13b

Well-Known Member
Registered Member
Timeline
8 Aug E-mailed packet to HRC
15 Aug Called HRC to verify receipt of documents and that every thing was there that was needed said they didn't see anything in the system
15 Aug Resubmitted Docs
16 Aug Called HRC to validate receipt of docs. Was Told ever thing was there
19 Aug Received Letter from HRC stating that they had received my docs
Hello,

You stated you emailed packet, I was unaware of emailing documents. I thought the only ways were to fax or mail....can you provide that email address? Thanks
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Army:

Submit your application via any of the methods below. Ensure that electronic submissions are NOT password protected as this may delay the processing of your claim.

Mail

Department of the Army
U.S. Army Human Resources Command
ATTN: AHRC-PDR-C (CRSC), Dept 420
1600 Spearhead Division Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402


Email: [email protected]


FAX: (502)613-9550

----
Ron
Glad to assist the FA (i.e., 13B)
 

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Timeline
8 Aug E-mailed packet to HRC
15 Aug Called HRC to verify receipt of documents and that every thing was there that was needed said they didn't see anything in the system
15 Aug Resubmitted Docs
16 Aug Called HRC to validate receipt of docs. Was Told ever thing was there
19 Aug Received Letter from HRC stating that they had received my docs
6 Sept Received Approval Letter 40%

Need to appeal the denial for migraines Gulf War related, on a side note they did approve tinnitus.
 

Attachments

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron,

Based upon the attachment do you think the Migraines disapproval was due to human error, or something else? I submitted the 12E this morning will have to wait to see how it goes.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Estimate:
1. 1945 Gross retired divided by 0.60 = 3241.66 high three
2. 1945 gross is reduced to zero by amount of VA comp received
3. 18.75 AD years x 2.5% = 46.88% longevity multiplier
4. 3241.66 x 0.4688 = 1519.69 longevity portion of retired pay
5. 50% CRSC with spouse, 2 c under 18, 1 in college = $1,026.36 + $42.00 +$136.00 Total: $1204.36
Your CRSC would be $1204.36 @ 50% using the info you provided.

Ron
CRSC approved @ 40%.

Revised estimate.

1. 1945 Gross retired divided by 0.60 = 3241.66 high three
2. 1945 gross is reduced to zero by amount of VA comp received
3. 18.75 AD years x 2.5% = 46.88% longevity multiplier
4. 3241.66 x 0.4688 = 1519.69 longevity portion of retired pay
5. 40% CRSC with spouse, 2 c under 18, 1 in college = $735.73 + $33 + $99 total = $867.73

CRSC = $867.73 @ 40%


Ron
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ron,

Based upon the attachment do you think the Migraines disapproval was due to human error, or something else? I submitted the 12E this morning will have to wait to see how it goes.
The CRSC letter should explain why migraines were not approved. The 12E should address that issue (why they should be approved and evidence if applicable).

Ron
 

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The letter said the Migraines were not service connected, so I highlighted the Migraines and sent it back with the 12E.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The letter said the Migraines were not service connected, so I highlighted the Migraines and sent it back with the 12E.
I did notice that your migraines WERE/ARE rated as service connected.

Good luck,
Ron
 
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top