script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

CRSC for deployed but non-combat related issue?

phg0823

Registered Member
I'm an active duty AF pilot with approximately 11 years of service. On a recent non-flying deployment, I had several Grand-mal seizures which inevitably resulted in an epilepsy diagnosis and recommendation for MEB. I am told by the flight surgeon that it's pretty cut and dry that I will be medically retired and likely with 100% disability since I can never fly an airplane again with epilepsy. To date I have had 6 seizures but they are now being controlled by medication.

My question is, would I be eligible for CRSC or any other disability pay on top of the DoD medical retirement pay since this disability developed while I was deployed to a combat zone? Or does CRSC only apply if the disability was a direct result of combat? My deployment was to a combat zone, however, I was not directly engaged in combat.

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Per DFAS web site

Disabilities that may be considered combat related include injuries incurred as a direct result of:

• Armed Conflict
  • Hazardous Duty
  • An Instrumentality of War
  • Simulated War

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Good info above.

The following link is to a collection of CRSC information, including examples of what MIGHT qualify for CRSC: CRSC Collection LINK <---

Ron