CRSC Help!

JeremiahC

Registered Member
Ron, I would very much appreciate your help calculating my CRSC entitlement. I was approved for CRSC last year and just received my first CRSC Pay Statement dated 30 May 2019. My CRSC net pay was $762.83. I was told this was my monthly benefit and that I would receive "backpay" going back to my CRSC start date of 1 April 2017. I received this $762.83 on 3 June, but haven't received another deposit since. I have called DFAS and notified them, but no one there has been able to help provide me with any explanation of benefits. This morning I was told by a Tier 2 customer service representative that she was not able to access my CRSC pay account or give me any further information or help. I am sure I am not the only frustrated and confused military retiree! I would appreciate any help you can provide! God bless you!

Sincerely, Chaplain (CPT) Jeremiah Cates (US Army Retired)

1. Gross Retired Pay $4822.00
2. Army Disability 80%
3. Army Active Duty: 6 years, 1 month
4. VA Disability: 100% P&T, $3545.67, Spouse plus 2 children, SMC $108.57
5. 100% CRSC
6. NONE

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello JeremiahC,

It appears that this involves a new DFAS CRSC account. You mentioned that your first CRSC statement was dated 30 May 2019.

Retro CRSC paid by DFAS usually is completed 2-4 months after the initial real-time payment. However, there is no precise payment date that can be projected. I once received a retro CRSC payment 45 days after a retroactive increase. Conversely, I once waited a year, but that was long ago.

Different CRSC payment timelines are spread throughout this forum. You can perform a search to find them, but they vary greatly.

I did not compute your CRSC since you gave no indication you suspected it is wrong. The amount does not surprise me since your CRSC would be limited to (6.083 yrs x 2.5%) x average high three base pay = longevity portion of retirement pay LESS any residual retired pay left from the VA offset.

I think you retro is within the normal processing timelines for DFAS. They work first in; first out.

You could contact the Director, Retired Pay if you feel it is warranted.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
Attn: Director Roland Wadge
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200

Fax
Please include your full name, daytime phone number, social security number and signature on all written correspondence.
Fax Retired Pay: 800-469-6559

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">