CRSC VA withheld backpay

KiowaStetson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just received my CRSC backpay finally last month on November 27. At the time DFAS said that they would push the CRSC paperwork for the VA to do their own look and see if they owe me any backpay.

On December 7 2018 I received backpay from VA for $1,707.00

Today I received a letter from the VA stating that "Based on the information in your military reired/combat pay files and the VA records, you are entitled to a retroactive compensation payment of $1,707. This payment covers the period 11-2014 through 11-2014.

I was retired on Oct 28 2014 and my benefits started on 11/2014. CRSC backpay was retro from 11/2014.

In their evidence used to decide your claim they said was "Financial data supplied from DFAS and/or CG RAS.

Now in MyPay I have a CRSC document that states Retired Pay before deductions and Retired Pay Offset by DVA Compensation.

The question I have is why did the VA only look at one month?

Is this a new retired amount that I will be getting from now on or was this just a one time payment?

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has any insight. Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!

Today I received a letter from the VA stating that "Based on the information in your military reired/combat pay files and the VA records, you are entitled to a retroactive compensation payment of $1,707. This payment covers the period 11-2014 through 11-2014.

I was retired on Oct 28 2014 and my benefits started on 11/2014. CRSC backpay was retro from 11/2014.
The question I have is why did the VA only look at one month?

Is this a new retired amount that I will be getting from now on or was this just a one time payment?
1. Your CRSC payment each month should be the lesser of
—dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay
OR
—dollar amount of the approved CRSC percentage which corresponds to the rates in the VA comp tables.

CRSC for CH 61 retirees is reduced by any residual retired pay.

2. Speculation: The VA “only looked” at one month situation is possibly due to you previously not waiving retired pay for one month and upon approval of CRSC that non-waived Retired Pay was recharacterized as CRSC which allowed the one time payment. Your audit sheet should provide the answer. If you did not receive a copy, you can request it from DFAS. You can also ask the VA for an explanation.

3. Address:
Defense Finance and
Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200
Fax
Retired Pay: 800-469-6559

Ron