Current wait for orders?

MN4

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Does anyone have any idea how long it’s taking to get orders right now? Trying to plan my out date, and was just wondering if it’s closer to one month or two. Thanks for the help!

I was told 2 weeks. I picked April 28th because my max of 90 would've been May 10th and didn't want my pay to be delayed 2 months.

I had my orders right around 1-2 week time frame if memory serves me right. The Air Force waste no time once the decision is done on their part and no more appeals. They will want you out fast once they know no longer need your services. My PEBLO stressed time sensitivity and basically micromanaged every move making sure I was out as fast as I could. Not like I was holding it up, was ready to go myself. I saved all my leave and had 2.5 months of terminal leave with Permissive TDY. Even had some days to sell. Check and see if you have a unit outprocessing check list. I did and was able to get the ball rolling sooner on that list without my orders. Left on December 20th, 2014 and was on terminal through March 10th, 2015. Final Outprocessed just 1 day short of 3 weeks.

Reactions: MN4
Mine came in Friday. There's about 17 Sailors on this list. Might wanna check if you haven't heard anything.

I just signed my findings a week ago. So should I be expecting my orders within a week or so, which would make it two weeks wait time?

Navy is 2 to 4 weeks right now. Your PEBLO will explain that to you when you sign your findings. Pick a date 30 to 90 days from notification date. Would suggest having at least a month left before terminal and PTDY just to make sure your orders are received before you start terminal.
My peblo didnt say anything to me still waiting on orders.

You guys are talking about the authorization message and not the actual orders.
You get your authorization letter in about 2 weeks and then you get your actual orders from PSD when you are checking out of your command.

You guys are talking about the authorization message and not the actual orders.
You get your authorization letter in about 2 weeks and then you get your actual orders from PSD when you are checking out of your command.
Yeah. I just learned that the other day. So when do I get actual orders? PSD doesn't have them, and no one will let me check out without them.

They submit for them when you schedule your dd214 appointment with PSD. Supposedly it's done in 2 weeks. You don't have to be completely checked out of the command the schedule that appointment but you do need to have your medical/dental portion done and you need the authorization message. They should let you check out without them because that's how separation orders works for everyone not just medical separations.

So I definitely gave wrong information. PSD can you give you next day orders if you take your message to them. My original PSD rep was just bad at his job and was trying to get me out of the office as fast as possible.