Currently separating after 11 years, and nobody has brought up a MEB for me. Should I request one?

Ghazg

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everybody,

I am currently in the process of separating as an O-3 with 11 years of service, 7 of which are on active duty (currently active duty). I unfortunately have had a multiple of health issues over the years, and am getting ready for a VA claim. HOWEVER I am wondering if I should be pushing for an MEB instead.
Some things I have:
Constant migraines, eosinophilic esophagitis, diagnosed sleep issues, and ptsd, as well as documented pain in my back, both shoulders, both elbows, both hips, and both knees.

I have always gone to medical to get everything documented, and have documentation of all my conditions spanning years.

As I get ready to separate, none of my doctors have brought up the topic of an MEB. Especially now during covid I barely know who my PCM is. Should I talk to my PCM and recommend a MEB? Am I leaving a lot of benefits on the table if I don’t? My ETS date is end of September and I am planning on starting terminal leave in July.
Thank you all very much for all you do.

Have you been on constant profiles?

No profile will likely mean no MEB.

A profile is just physical limitation document given to you by a health provider it usually just applies do doing morning PT like walk at own pace and distance, no upper body exercises no lifting over 5 pounds to ruck marches no field duty it can get quite extensive but that is the gist of it.

A profile is a limitation on activity, recommended to command by a medical provider.