DBD- Pre discharge program

Used to Be Army Strong

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I took part in this and when I put my claim in they took my current medical files but since then alot of things have been added. Will they add to it or will I have to appeal? From what I have been told I should have a good shot at IU do I have to apply for that or do they determine that from the get go? Also I have to wear a brace that wears out my shoes and pants and I was told when I got the brace that I would qualify for Special Comp. is that true?:confused:

ALSO:
also I was givin a cane along time ago maybe a year or more and I used it before my second surgery and when i got of my crutchs after my second one i started useing it agian and have since but i do not recall ever being perscribed that but noticed that "builtgypsy" noted not to use it at a formal board unless you have a script for it. does this apply to me should i get a script for it. it was noted in my narsum that i use one if that makes a difference.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UTBAS,

I answered by PM a few days ago, I think. I will assume you are looking for input from others. Let me know if you didn't get the PM or if I am missing something.

Used to Be Army Strong

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jason,
The PM all pertained to the cane and brace issue with it being documented. How about this DBD program. I started my paperwork back in december 2007 since then alot has been uncovered and condition status have been recorded impact on my life has been documented. So do i need to go with all this to them or will the get all this when i leave the service and update it all on their own before rateing me? I am really confused how this works.
and yeah i was looking for alot of feed back from others i guess i just didn't strike an intrest with anyone.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I re-sent you the PM dealing with BDD. But the gist is that you should file all additional claims. I am not that familiar with the BDD programs actual process, but I would think before discharge, you should be able to file as many issues and supply as much information as you like. Go back to them with the additional info, because if they don't have it, they can't rate you with it and then you are in the position of having to file a NOD and appealing, when you could have gotten a correct rating in the first place.

If anyone else has gone through BDD, please post any tips you might have.

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Personally, I try not to reply if I don't know the answer. What's worse than confusion is thinking you know the wrong answer. I haven't been there yet, but I hope it goes well for you. You might try VBN for some specific statements about what happens to VA claims, especially ones where you want to add info.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">