DBQ Medical Opinion

Yukon777

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My case went to the IPEB and was forwarded to the VA for ratings. The VA requested 3 DBQ‘s for medical opinions on three of my referred conditions. Is this the first step of the VA trying to say my conditions aren’t service connected? Before this process ever started it went to NGB and all of the referred conditions were marked in the line of duty? Would this affect the DOD side of things as I have 15 years TAFMS?

My case went to the IPEB and was forwarded to the VA for ratings. The VA requested 3 DBQ‘s for medical opinions on three of my referred conditions. Is this the first step of the VA trying to say my conditions aren’t service connected? Before this process ever started it went to NGB and all of the referred conditions were marked in the line of duty? Would this affect the DOD side of things as I have 15 years TAFMS?
If it’s a referred condition 9/10 you’ll be compensated for it. If it’s a secondary or additional claimed condition, you may not be compensated for it depending on if they find it was caused in the line of duty.