"Denuked"

MM22021

Registered Member
I was an nuclear MM2 for the navy, I voluntarily went to SARP (alcohol rehabilitation program) in late 2016 , with the intention of coming back to duty. I was put on LIMDU because at SARP I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and alcohol abuse disorder which I am receiving VA disability for now. Aug 2017, I was physically disqualified during the waiver process whilst doing the nuclear duty physical to return back to duty. Reason for NPQ (Not Physically Qualified) was because at the time I was on 3 psychotropic medications for my stated disabilities.

Early 2018 they took my NEC away and later that year I was working as conventional machinist mate (MM) until finishing out my contract in late 2020.

They are seeking recoupment of my re enlistment bonus now that I have separated.

My question is, how do i go about getting in contact with my state representatives and senators. I'm currently in California.

Also do I have a case as far as not paying back the re enlistment bonus?

I separated with an honorable discharge and my month at SARP, was not due to any misconduct or willful neglect, I voluntarily went to SARP preemptively before the alcohol abuse/mental health got worse. My disabilities are also service connected.

I was an nuclear MM2 for the navy, I voluntarily went to SARP (alcohol rehabilitation program) in late 2016 , with the intention of coming back to duty. I was put on LIMDU because at SARP I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and alcohol abuse disorder which I am receiving VA disability for now. Aug 2017, I was physically disqualified during the waiver process whilst doing the nuclear duty physical to return back to duty. Reason for NPQ (Not Physically Qualified) was because at the time I was on 3 psychotropic medications for my stated disabilities.

Early 2018 they took my NEC away and later that year I was working as conventional machinist mate (MM) until finishing out my contract in late 2020.

They are seeking recoupment of my re enlistment bonus now that I have separated.

My question is, how do i go about getting in contact with my state representatives and senators. I'm currently in California.

Also do I have a case as far as not paying back the re enlistment bonus?

I separated with an honorable discharge and my month at SARP, was not due to any misconduct or willful neglect, I voluntarily went to SARP preemptively before the alcohol abuse/mental health got worse. My disabilities are also service connected.
Hello @MM22021 ,

The separation code on your DD 214 and/or separation orders probably started the recoupment.

Ref: Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) > FMR > vol7a_chapters <---LINK
VOLUME 7A, CHAPTER 2: “REPAYMENT OF UNEARNED PORTION OF BONUSES AND OTHER BENEFITS”

A summary of the laws that require recoupment is at the reference cited above.

020301. Conditions Under Which Repayment Will Be Sought
020303. Conditions Under Which Repayment Will Not Be Sought

Re: "My question is, how do i go about getting in contact with my state representatives and senators. I'm currently in California." Use your search engine to
find "California Senators" or "California Representatives" . You likely will have to know your district for the representative.

Ron

Last edited: