DFAS Backpay calculations

Manmumar

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I came out of uniform in the summer of 2003. I legally became a civilian again in Spring 2007. After getting everything together and submitting a package the BCNR agreed with me and ordered a change to my DD214 discharge, separation code and rank restoration.
According to the letter I received they are requesting DFAS to audit payroll for any missed Pay that I may be entitled to. Does this mean that I get 4 years backpay? Including all entitlements?

DoD payscales changed a few times back then and I did some projections on how much to expect. Is there any way I can get an official letter that I could use as collateral or promise of the “good faith and credit” of the US Government to pay me and then transfer that to a lending institution to get a collateralized loan?

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Regarding retroactive payment.

Assuming your records were changed to reflect retirement rather than separation...

In computing your retro retired pay, the amount determined for each month will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation received for that month.

Your particulars regarding your service are unknown to me. In other words, there is no info available to determine if you are entitled to CRDP. CRDP restores waived/offset/reduced retired pay for those eligible. See ---> DFAS CRDP Info LINK

Another consideration is CRSC which does not have the same requirements as CRDP. See ---> Collection of CRSC info LINK

Ron

Edited to add: I don't think any entity will be able to provide the letter you want until the DFAS completes its audit of your pay and publishes a retired pay statement.

Last edited:

Manmumar

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you for replying with an area where I had a blind spot. I did not retire, I EAS’d. BCNR did not choose to alter my EAS date in any fashion.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you for replying with an area where I had a blind spot. I did not retire, I EAS’d. BCNR did not choose to alter my EAS date in any fashion.
Hello,

Ref: "After getting everything together and submitting a package the BCNR agreed with me and ordered a change to my DD214 discharge, separation code and rank restoration.
According to the letter I received they are requesting DFAS to audit payroll for any missed Pay that I may be entitled to. Does this mean that I get 4 years backpay? Including all entitlements?"

Thank you for your reply. Did the BCNR determine that a reduction in rank be negated? I guess I am trying to determine what back pay you might have coming. You clarified your non-retirement status, so that is not a factor. I just don't see it with the limited info provided.

You can PM me if you choose.

Regards,
Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">