Did I do the right thing?

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I just got back from Tripler Army Medical Center and have been scheduled to have my 4th knee surgery on May 24th and a 5th surgery about 4-6 months later. My doctor forwarded my case to one of her colleagues and he doesn't know if another surgery will help my situation. The plan is to go in and clean everything up and use bone grafts to fill in holes as well as have eyes on internally to see how dmaged everything is. The second surgery will be to replace ACL and possibly meniscus. I was hit for an MEB as my referral was in for tripler. My question is is should I go ahead with the surgeries, even when the doctor states he doesn't know if it will help? or are there other options I should looks towards? Should I just go for the MEB?

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I would get the surgery and go from there you will most likely need it anyway as you age it's just at that point you will probably be having the VA doing the surgery or if you get retired having a private Tricare provider do it, that comes with co-pays, deductibles and what not.

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I guess I will just push through it. All previous surgeries have failed and it doesn't make me feel very confident when the doctor states They will have the throw everything they know into the surgery and still doesn't know if it will help. And now I'm starting to have issues with my otherside knee,ankle, and hip. I was hoping they would just go ahead and do a knee replacement but they don't want to because of my age. This sucks!!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">