Disability information in E Benefits, when the data will be in ?

MedRet

Registered Member
Happy 4th everyone, I got my disability retirement orders and my last day of active duty is 12 AUG. I have been constantly checking E Benefits to print the benefits letter since I will be moving and need income verification proof but the information is not showing in the system yet. Any idea on when the info should populate ? Thank you

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Happy 4th everyone, I got my disability retirement orders and my last day of active duty is 12 AUG. I have been constantly checking E Benefits to print the benefits letter since I will be moving and need income verification proof but the information is not showing in the system yet. Any idea on when the info should populate ? Thank you
Hello,

I hope you receive the document as soon as possible.

I wonder if the delay is due to the fact that VA compensation would not be effective until the first day in a retired status (and benefits would begin to accrue the first day of the month following the month having the effective date). Have you received an award letter from the VA? I suspect not since you are searching for the eBenefits letter.

Please continue your updates; they/it will be helpful to others.

Thanks,
Ron

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
@MedRet

I found this from April:
"I just went through the same process and had my last exam on February 2, 2020. The DoD has started a pilot program with the VA where they actually assign you ratings while you are still on active duty to allow for financial planning, essentially making the transition smoother. On February 19, 2020 I received a letter in the mail from the VA that had my proposed ratings in it, with the dollar amount that they are proposing. I got rated at 100% with SMC-S and K. I would recommend that you monitor Ebenefits because they will update your timeline with the phrase "Case closed decision letter sent". Then you know that your proposed ratings from the VA are in the mail and should be there soon. If you can't wait, you can always call them and have them send it via fax to your local UPS or FedEx store and pick it up immediately. Let me know if you have any other questions... "

How exactly happens after C&P exams to get ratings/percentages? <---LINK

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">