Distinguished Veteran California

I am sure this is in the wrong forum but did not know where else to put it so please bare with me. I was separated some 6 or so years ago via medical retirement at 50% DOD. I found out about a benefit through CalVets that is named the Distinguished veterans pass which allows the user free access to all state parks and their facilities at no charge.

My problem is that while I have documentation stating 50% medically retired on my DD214 and other misc paperwork, I am unable for the life of me to find anything that says service connected. This note is critical in being approved for the benefit and I have seen this specifically stated in the past on some documents I no longer have. Does anyone know of the best way to finding this documentation? If not specific to my records a formal letter would most likely work as well. Please point me in the right direction seems as though anyone I've tried calling so far has just kept passing the buck to another division. Thank you for your time!

Can you access eBenefits? If not, contact your local VBA office and request a copy of your ratings decision.

Try looking at DA Form 199.

I am sure this is in the wrong forum but did not know where else to put it so please bare with me. I was separated some 6 or so years ago via medical retirement at 50% DOD. I found out about a benefit through CalVets that is named the Distinguished veterans pass which allows the user free access to all state parks and their facilities at no charge.

My problem is that while I have documentation stating 50% medically retired on my DD214 and other misc paperwork, I am unable for the life of me to find anything that says service connected. This note is critical in being approved for the benefit and I have seen this specifically stated in the past on some documents I no longer have. Does anyone know of the best way to finding this documentation? If not specific to my records a formal letter would most likely work as well. Please point me in the right direction seems as though anyone I've tried calling so far has just kept passing the buck to another division. Thank you for your time!

VA Award Letter. If you do not have a copy of it, you can generate it here: https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits/download-letters