Do I have to submit my military medical records?

joedoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm currently seeing a civilian provider ive been referred to off base and they have diagnosed me with PTSD while the military mental health diagnosis does not reflect my condition at all. I'm worried submitting those records will hurt my claim and dilute the picture of my disability im trying to convey. Do I have to submit my military records or no? Also im still in the military for context. thanks in advance guys.

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you asking if you should submit your military medical records to your civilian provider? Did your civilian provider ask you for your mental health records? Nothing will hurt your claim unless you are possibly stretching the truth about something. But I would provide my military records with a civilian Dr. and vise versa.

joedoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Sorry for the ambiguity, i mean on my military medical records im diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and by my civilian provider im diagnosed with PTSD. I feel that the medical records from the civilian provider better reflect my mental health and the military medical records undermine my claim. Can I submit only the civilian records when filing for my claim with the VA?

Rjohnson87

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you are current still in the military AD, and you are I'm assuming going to be going through an MEB? Or are you planning on getting out and submitting your own claims? If you are going through an MEB then all of your records will be forwarded through. I'm not sure on the process if you are submitting your own claims.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
All MH disorders are rated the same so the diagnosis isn't that big of a deal the VA will send you to an exam and make the final call.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">