Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Jason Perry submitted a new resource:

DoD Manual 1332.18 (Volume 2) - DoD Manual 1332.18 (Volume 2) DES Manual: Integrated Disability Evaluation System

This DoD Manual is Volume 2 of a two part manual, DoD Manual 1332.18.

Per this volume:

"1. PURPOSE.
a. Manual. This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall manual, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5136.01 (Reference (a)), is to implement policy, assign responsibilities, and provide procedures for the DES pursuant to DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1332.18 (Reference (b)).
b. Volume. This volume implements policy, assigns...

Read more about this resource...

"4. TDRL REEVALUATION. VA will conduct and prepare rating decisions for veterans who
were temporarily retired for disability in accordance with VA laws and regulations. On request
from the Military Department, VA will provide a copy of the most current rating and the medical
evidence upon which the most current rating is based in accordance with section 7332 of Title
38, United States Code (Reference (i)). If VA does not provide examination and rating
information sufficient to adjudicate the veteran’s case or the VA exam is older than 18 months,
the Military Department will execute required TDRL examinations and ratings in accordance
with Reference (g). "

I wonder what would be considered insufficient information?

Does this mean that since I have a VA reevaluation within the last year that it will be used for my TDRL reevaluation?

Does this mean that since I have a VA reevaluation within the last year that it will be used for my TDRL reevaluation?

From my interpretation, it's very clear that your military department needs to comply with all DoD regulations! :)

As such, your recent TDRL re-evaluation should be used in additional to other medical evidence in my opinion albeit how your military department interprets all of that documentation shall remain a mystery for sure! :oops:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!