Does 100% P&T = IU

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If I am VA rated 100% P&T is that the equivalent of Individual Unemployable? If not do I/can I apply to become IU with the VA? Does IU help with getting SSDI approval?

RaiderX

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No

Honestly you doing want IU, Others can speak to that.

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Too add, I am applying for SSDI. I have Migraines and MH conditions, my migraines affect my employability up to 2-3 times week and my MH conditions were rated as impacting social and working relationships.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If I am VA rated 100% P&T is that the equivalent of Individual Unemployable? If not do I/can I apply to become IU with the VA? Does IU help with getting SSDI approval?
VA @ 100% and IU are both paid at the 100% VA comp rate.

Why would you want IU if you are already being paid at the full 100% rate?

One can still work with 100% schedular. Only marginal employment is allowed under IU.

I have seen this question only once previously (elsewhere) and the comments included "You cannot qualify for IU if already 100% VA." I have not personally researched the matter.

Here is a non-government site that discusses the two: ----> LINK

Ron

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
VA @ 100% and IU are both paid at the 100% VA comp rate.

Why would you want IU if you are already being paid at the full 100% rate?

One can still work with 100% schedulor. Only marginal employment is allowed under IU.

I have seen this question only once previously (elsewhere) and the comments included "You cannot qualify for IU if already 100% VA." I have not personally researched the matter.

Ron
Not sure if I "want" it, more of should I have it added if I am applying for SSDI and does it matter for applying for SSDI?

I am fine without it as I plan on not working because of the inability to work on my health while maintaining gainful employment.

With the health issues I have and my treatment plan, I would have to have a very limited part time schedule, I would be working just work and not making any real impactful income.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">