Does anyone know how long final stage of PEB takes?

the-egg-factor

Registered Member
The VA issued it's ratings on the 27th of November and it shows as being sent back to PEB. I am wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for PEB to do their part at the end? Everything is being done in WA.

I would bet three months considering the Christmas break.

My Va ratings were sent 31st of July and i still have not heard anything back yet. So i guess it all depends on the case.

Ok thank you for your input. We were hoping to be moved back home and starting school for Spring, but from everything I'm reading, that just won't be possible. :(

Scott, have you had your PEBLO contact your case manager. Or had your CC call AFPC directly, your wait doesn't seem normal, your package might have gotten misplaced. I have my CC call my case manager. I recommend calling your case manager to ensure someone is tracking your at least every two weeks to ensure your package isn't misplaced.

Scott, have you had your PEBLO contact your case manager. Or had your CC call AFPC directly, your wait doesn't seem normal, your package might have gotten misplaced. I have my CC call my case manager. I recommend calling your case manager to ensure someone is tracking your at least every two weeks to ensure your package isn't misplaced.

Just the other day the PEBLO called the case manager who said they do have my package but he needed to go reattack and see what was taking so long so i should know more this afternoon which is when my PEBLO told me to call him back.

I agree that it might take a few months. Especially when the system went down for 3 weeks. I have a feeling my case got caught up and didn't get updated on the PEB side, I have had my PEBLO do an inquiry almost every week and still no 199 yet. My proposed ratings were sent back to the MSC then to the PEB on 1 OCT 2012. So I guess it depends how complicated the case is. I have seen on this site that some cases only took 6 months. C&P then to the NARSUM in 30 days and then case from PEB to the VA only 30 days then back to the PEB and the 199 was ready the very next day. I see a lot of those that are getting under 30% for DOD are moving through the system fast.

The initial process went very fast for my husband. Even getting the rating from the VA seemed to go quickly. It's the PEB part that is difficult for us. It's impossible to make any plans for the future when everything is held up in what we call "the great abyss". As a spouse, I feel especially sorry for all of you guys and gals going through this process. It seems like there is no way to get any real information and the common answer to questions asked is "I don't know". It's very frustrating for me, so I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the people going through it.

Oh yeah.....His process was initiated after 2 failed knee surgeries and persistent migraines. He also has sleep apnea. The VA rated him at 70% but his PEBLO said to expect severance from the Army and that he would not get 30% through them.