Does DOD TDRL re-evaluation affect P&T VA ratings?

I was med-boarded from the Army for major depression in 2018. Depression was my only service-disqualifying condition, rated at 50% by the DOD and VA. Since I also claimed other conditions during the med-board process, the VA rated me at 100% combined disability (subject to re-evaluations) right out of the gate.

A few months later, I got a new and revised ratings packet in the mail from the VA. A few ratings had changed, been consolidated, dropped, etc. but the new packet contained some language indicating that the VA now had me classified as Totally and Permanently disabled (also indicated on my VA benefits summary letter.)

So the VA considers me Total and Permanent, some language about no further evaluations, then the other day, the DOD reaches out to me. They said that I am still on the TDRL, and that they intend to schedule a re-evaluation of my depression within the next 90 days.

My question is this: Are my VA ratings subject to change pending the DOD's assessment of my conditions?

I understand that if the DOD rated me at less than 30% for my sole service-disqualifying condition, then I would lose Tricare for life. And I know that no one stays on the TDRL longer than 5 years. But would a change in my DOD ratings affect my VA ratings at this point?

I was med-boarded from the Army for major depression in 2018. Depression was my only service-disqualifying condition, rated at 50% by the DOD and VA. Since I also claimed other conditions during the med-board process, the VA rated me at 100% combined disability (subject to re-evaluations) right out of the gate.

A few months later, I got a new and revised ratings packet in the mail from the VA. A few ratings had changed, been consolidated, dropped, etc. but the new packet contained some language indicating that the VA now had me classified as Totally and Permanently disabled (also indicated on my VA benefits summary letter.)

So the VA considers me Total and Permanent, some language about no further evaluations, then the other day, the DOD reaches out to me. They said that I am still on the TDRL, and that they intend to schedule a re-evaluation of my depression within the next 90 days.

My question is this: Are my VA ratings subject to change pending the DOD's assessment of my conditions?
I understand that if the DOD rated me at less than 30% for my sole service-disqualifying condition, then I would lose Tricare for life. And I know that no one stays on the TDRL longer than 5 years. But would a change in my DOD ratings affect my VA ratings at this point?
Hello @Mjhq75 ,

Bottom line up front, NO the DoD ratings will not affect the VA ratings at this point.

You mentioned, "...the VA now had me classified as Totally and Permanently disabled (also indicated on my VA benefits summary letter.)"
That means that the VA will not schedule you for future examinations for the disabilities that have been rated by the VA. However, if there is evidence discovered in the future that the disabilities are not as severe as first rated, you could be required to have additional examinations. This usually occurs when the veteran (already rated 100% T&P) submits additional claims and that opens the book on the previously rated conditions. That is something to consider in the future.

You are correct in that TRICARE would be lost if your DoD rating is changed to less than 30%.

Good luck,
Ron