Does TDRL also change VA rating?

TheBears

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If placed on TDRL for PTSD for example as the unfit condition for the Army at 70% and by the end of the 5 years end up being 50% permanently retired does that also effect the VA rating to come down as well?

AnAmericanAirman

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
If placed on TDRL for PTSD for example as the unfit condition for the Army at 70% and by the end of the 5 years end up being 50% permanently retired does that also effect the VA rating to come down as well?[/QUOT

It should not. I was placed on TDRL Oct of 2013 for PTSD at 70% from the AF. I had a VA reevaluation for PTSD Aug 2014, the same months I got a letter from the AF of a TDRL reevaluation scheduled for Sep 2014. The VA left my rating at 70% and got Permanent and total, I was already at 100%, but not P & T. I sent my treatment notes for PTSD and sent to the AF, got put on PDRL. Don't know if program is still available, but I was given the option of a "Can Do" eval. Records only with no appearance at a medical facility.
Hope this helps.

AnAmericanAirman

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">