Dual status Fed. Tech ret. processing

macjac69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So a co worker of mine whos last day is Fri. after retiring(Army Guard) back in Feb. after a non duty related PEB just found out that since OPM is backlogged on processing disability retirement packets 6-8 months he will have to pay his portion of Medical insurance plus government share plus 2%... Total for him $1684.00 or close to it.
Of course he should be reimbursed for the gov't portion once his packet is completed but wow.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
So a co worker of mine whos last day is Fri. after retiring(Army Guard) back in Feb. after a non duty related PEB just found out that since OPM is backlogged on processing disability retirement packets 6-8 months he will have to pay his portion of Medical insurance plus government share plus 2%... Total for him $1684.00 or close to it.
Of course he should be reimbursed for the gov't portion once his packet is completed but wow.
Indeed, wow! :confused: Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">