EBENEFITS

scain

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning to all. I have been in the IDES since October 14th and I was curious as to when will I be able to track my status on Ebenefits. My MEB package was forwarded to DC for a PEB on January 17th. I am also guessing that I will not hear anything for a quite a while I have 5 referring conditions: Fibro, PTSD, GAD, Migraines and some other mental pain disorder. Thanks in advance for all of your assistance. I am active duty Navy.

E-benefits is not the most helpful system. Sometimes it updates sometimes it doesn't. The USA has a better system for keeping the member in the loop, but the other services don't use that system. The waiting game is hard. Hang in there.

Thank you for the info. This definitely tests your patience but I will hang in there.

Good morning to all. I have been in the IDES since October 14th and I was curious as to when will I be able to track my status on Ebenefits. My MEB package was forwarded to DC for a PEB on January 17th. I am also guessing that I will not hear anything for a quite a while I have 5 referring conditions: Fibro, PTSD, GAD, Migraines and some other mental pain disorder. Thanks in advance for all of your assistance. I am active duty Navy.

Just wondering if you have any further updates... I just found this forum today and found your post by searching for fibromyalgia.
I am a SSgt in the AF and am also going through the med board process though I am very confused about where mine is at currently or what to expect next.

My referring conditions are Bipolar type 2 and Fibromyalgia, I was diagnosed with Bipolar over 2 years ago (diagnosis following a week long stay in inpatient after I had a complete manic breakdown)...3 years ago now? but was able to manage through medication and steady counseling. I also get migraines but they used to be pretty scarce. Then, about a year ago (I think, it's kind of all a blur) I got really sick and I just couldn't get better. Upper respiratory infection then bronchitis,chronic bronchitis that lasted over 4 months...and I just haven't gotten back to 100% health.

Then, about 6 months ago I was under a pile of stress, going through promotion training (which I graduated at the very top of my class-point being that I am in no way a slacker) After graduating I returned to regular work and found out I had someone trying to article 15 me for bench pressing...I was on my first ever profile for constant leg pain (knees and hips especially) which the doctor was originally trying to say it was from over use. Anyway, the profile exchanged hands too many times before it was put in the system and ended up saying something completely different than what it was supposed to.

Instead of confronting me about seeing me bench pressing, someone tried to get me in trouble resulting in my commander presenting me with an LOR. The entire thing was dropped after I presented my rebuttle (paperwork from the doctor who saw me and the profile he wrote "no walk no run 60 days"

The added stress of paperwork/almost getting in trouble through me over the edge. Throughout ALS and dealing with that paperwork I got 5 migraines in a row and woke up with the last one at 2 am with my entire body in incredible pain unlike literally anything I've ever experienced, I felt like I was on fire with deep aching pains in my major joints.

This resulted in two emergency room trips, lots and lots of labs and scans....
I do not have lymes or any of the other things they rule out but I did have irregular lab results, I am HLAB27 Positive, and the rest of my symptoms match up with fibro including tender points, sensitive skin, burning hands and feet....

The MEB has been "switched on" in the system for a few weeks, I haven't been contacted by anyone, my anxiety is through the roof...and I know this is very ranty...not a complete summary either. But I'm hoping either that you can relate or that someone else will have more input on what to expect.

Oh and my ETS is in December... 4 months from now. I was planning to reenlist but with my health as it stands I do not want to be active duty, I can't handle it and manage my symptoms too.

I am stationed at Lackland and am seeing a Rheumatologist at SAMMC (Army) so he submitted a referral for MEB on July 25, but in the Air Force your PCM has to submit you for it and he hasn't even seen the note. My PCM is the worst.