Editing a post?

StealthscrapE

PEB Forum Veteran
Just wondering if I am missing something or if this is not a feature of the forum. Is there the ability to edit a post after it has been made? I have seen it immediately after posting a new thread, but not after that. I have needed it a couple times lately as I have been using the site on my phone and have made a couple typos that I don't notice until later, or so that I can clarify something that I feel wasn't stated well enough. I just can't find the option. Is it there? Can it be implemented if not?

scoutCC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The bottom left of the post has a time tag with a report option. If it is a post you made, there should be an edit option included.

Jae Elle

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok, I see the options on the post I just made above, but not on older posts. Does the ability to edit/delete expire after a certain time period?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok, I see the options on the post I just made above, but not on older posts. Does the ability to edit/delete expire after a certain time period?
That is exactly right...for normal users, editing is allowed for only a set period of time. (I would have to check in the settings, but, my recollection is that it is for 30 min.). There is a reason for this. If folks post things in a lengthy thread (where there have been responses from one or several people) and then they go back and edit the original post, if can cause problems with making the original post and the whole thread confusing/incomprehensible and may sow confusion. I really have not had much of an issue with that here (perhaps/mainly because it is not an option now), but, I have seen several large forums have problems with this. My thought in setting the permissions up this way was to both keep this from being an issue and to cut down on time needed to perform "moderator" functions on the site.

I am not necessarily opposed to changing this permission. Perhaps for those with a number of posts or time on the site. On the other hand, I am also inclined to keep things how they are- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If folks have some input, as always, I welcome it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">