EPR during MEB process

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I’m at the IPEB stage. My supervisor is still making me give her bullets for my EPR. It’s due to the Unit in November but close-out is January 31st. If there’s less than a 5% chance that I’ll be found fit, why am I still being forced to get bullets. My 3 referred conditions are: severe fibromyalgia, moderate Hypermobility syndrome and mild ptsd. The fibromyalgia alone will get me booted but since I probably won’t get my unfit/fit decision until October. I mean, I get why they need bullets still but it’s just asinine, especially since I’m unable to do any volunteer work. I’m also not allowed to lift more than 10lbs, stand or sit for longer than 30 minutes, no repetitive tasks...which IS my job! (medical Lab tech). My ankle has been destroyed by surgeries, enough that the VA checked the box that my ankle as ‘amputation and prosthesis would have equal effect’. Just let me off the hook and not do an EPR!! Please?!?! I would get another 3 because last year was just as shitty. What can I do?!

RGZWS6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Try your best to give her some fodder, but don't knock yourself out. Ultimately, its her responsibility to get the EPR accomplished. The pressure to get the reports in in time comes from high above, so its just not you...but you're right, she's starting WAY too early.

Try and do what I do. Look on the shared drive for past Quarterly & Annual awards. Look specifically in your MDSS network. Just do a search on the entire network drive. You'd be surprised at what you could use to help support yourself. Even if its from a year or two ago, you can still tweak the accomplishments and impacts to make them relevant for the past year!

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’ll definitely see if PCM will make me non4rTed period. Everyone I’ve talked to says that they’re going to medically retire me so why waste the time and energy in an EPR. She’s expressed interest in not doing one, ‘if I don’t have to’. So at least I have her support with my push! Fingers-crossed!

Brokin1104

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’ll definitely see if PCM will make me non4rTed period. Everyone I’ve talked to says that they’re going to medically retire me so why waste the time and energy in an EPR. She’s expressed interest in not doing one, ‘if I don’t have to’. So at least I have her support with my push! Fingers-crossed!
I’m in the same boat....My EPR would just be filled with medical appointments lol.

mixed.soulja79

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I would say you are still in the military, so do what needs to been done. That leader has a responsibility to make sure all his/her evals are completed and submitted in a timely manner. Put yourself in their shoes. You would expect the same from your subordinates.

Deatshoo1

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would say you are still in the military, so do what needs to been done. That leader has a responsibility to make sure all his/her evals are completed and submitted in a timely manner. Put yourself in their shoes. You would expect the same from your subordinates.
But to what point?! If the member will be seperated before the EPR is even due then why waste the supervisors time on it? Again this is what is wrong with the system. You have members who are going through the IDES and supervisors and leadership that knows that the member will not come back. Why not put more time in to prepping the member for seperation than doing EPRs for the sake of EPRs?

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, I was found unfit last week. I asked my supervisor about bullets and she said, since I may not be out by Nov(when it's due to my leadership)., that I'll still need an EPR. This just doesn't sound right to me. There is zero need for an EPR for someone that is staying home after medical retirement. Even if i were put on TDRL, would I still need to collect bullets for the next 3 years for just in case they return me to duty?...which is highly unlikely, since my left ankle would serve equally as amputation and prosthetic per the VA examiner. and my fibro and hypermobility will not get better. My supervisor hasn't asked any of our leadership about this question...I think I might.

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
What does the regulation state as the bare minimum number of bullets required?

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
1.5months!? that's so close, i can almost taste it!!! i just hope the timeline goals are followed ... i will just play the game and but only give them the minimum bullets, which they already have....

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">