ETS extension disapproval

Rj143

Registered Member
I am currently going through MEB. I will have qtc appointments possible next week. My ETS is 09 March 2018. I pushed in paperwork for extension few weeks ago and was told today by my 1SG that my company commander recommended disapproval. I do not yet know what my Battalion CDR and BDE CDR recommended. But it’s now at the CG’s desk. I do not know what to do and who to talk. This is driving me crazy. What can I do in the mean time while I still have a week left? My 1SG recommended me to start clearing.

Any help will be great

Thanks

Rj143

Registered Member
Only if I had an answer. It just freaked me out when I heard company commander recommended a disapproval...I don’t know what BN CDR or BDE CDR recommended....but it’s at the General’s desk on pending status. Since I am so close to ETS, i don’t know what to do...

Rj143

Registered Member
I did. She doesn’t have a solid answer as she thinks it’s very unusual. CG may or may not approve it. But I am very concerned. I haven’t even started clearing.

Rj143

Registered Member
UPDATE: The packet went up to CG as everyone down in the chain from Company to Brigade commanders recommended disapproval. CG approved the extension. If anyone is freaking out due to similar issue, i would recommend not to. Its a congress mandated program and if a soldier ETS while going through MEB without any pending admin sep, its a big liability that army will be responsible for as a whole. If you have similar issue, go talk to your Ombudsman and tell him/her to make phone calls to big guys. Good luck to everyone.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">