script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Final ratings

gadsden92

Registered Member
Hi everyone,

I received my ratings of DOD 50 and VA proposed 100 on 17April.
I just finished clearing and submitted my DD-214 to the VA. My retirement date is 19June21 and I am currently on terminal leave.

The question: How long will it be until I receive my final ratings from the VA? Do I not get them until my retirement date, or should I receive them soon after submitting my DD-214?

I need the final ratings to prove income and begin looking for a house for my family. It would also be nice to have the 30% or more letter for applying for jobs.

FmrArmyAvatr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You will not get final rating until you are officially retired from the military because the VA cannot officially rate you until you are out of the military. I think it took about 30 days after I retired to receive my official ratings letter in the mail, but you may be able to get the 30% letter off the VA.gov website as soon as the VA "makes their decision" on your file. Just keep checking your claims on VA.gov to see where your claim is at after your retirement date and once the claim closes you will be able to download your benefit letter off the site. That's what I know. Someone else might know something different.

My mortgage company actually pulled all my VA info themselves for my percentages for the funding fee waiver, I did not send them anything.

sadenance

Registered Member
You will not get final rating until you are officially retired from the military because the VA cannot officially rate you until you are out of the military. I think it took about 30 days after I retired to receive my official ratings letter in the mail, but you may be able to get the 30% letter off the VA.gov website as soon as the VA "makes their decision" on your file. Just keep checking your claims on VA.gov to see where your claim is at after your retirement date and once the claim closes you will be able to download your benefit letter off the site. That's what I know. Someone else might know something different. five nights at freddy's

My mortgage company actually pulled all my VA info themselves for my percentages for the funding fee waiver, I did not send them anything.
Many thanks for that.