Finally movement

jp166901

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I feel I have been around here long enough I should know this answer but I'm drawing a blank. I just checked my Ebenefits and saw there are now 2 open claims, the original with all my conditions on it and it is at prep for decision but the 2nd claim only lists my referred conditions on it. Both are open and neither complete, so what does that mean?

From what I've read and my own experience, the second claim opened the day the VA received my package. I was deemed unfit on May 18th and the 2nd claim opened on the 19th. Once the second claim opened, it took 3 weeks for the VA to do their thing and send it back. My second claim closed yesterday and went historical. I confirmed with the VA today that the VA sent it back to the Peb. Hopefully you continue to see movement! I've been in the process since Oct. I've had the most movement in the last 3 weeks.

The explanation this forum and a VA rep gave was that the second opens up as an IDES claim. Once the claim is finished on the VA's part, they close it and leave the original open. After closing the second claim, they send their proposed ratings to the PEB to finish up. The original claim closes when the VA receives your DD-214.

Just went on website and new claim has closed and the other back to gathering evidence. So I would assume my initial ratings are done and it has back to the PEB for their findings. Is this a correct assumption?

Yep. That is correct. Welcome to the historical club. Lmao. The turn around I'm seeing is about 30 days to receiving ratings. Hell I've seen some as quick as a week or two. Things seem to be rolling at the VA right now.

Then you have those stragglers hanging around for 45-60 days for their ratings but overall it's going pretty quickly considering the usual VA speed on anything.

It sounds like you will be hearing something within a few weeks. Congratulations on progress.

Then you have those stragglers hanging around for 45-60 days for their ratings but overall it's going pretty quickly considering the usual VA speed on anything.

For the love of God, I hope we are not stragglers! :)

For the love of God, I hope we are not stragglers! :)

lol! I hope not. I'm anticipating good news for us all soon. There is a tiny light. Tiny. But present. Lol