Fit or Unfit

jddevil84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello Everyone,
I have a question for the group. I am using the IDES process and my package has been at the board for about 4 weeks now, yesterday I saw some activity in my EBenefits page where the status changed and says gathering information and they are also asking me for my updated banking information. I have been told (by others that have gone through this) that this means that the board has determined me to be unfit for duty and they have sent my package to the VA for their ratings. I am just curious if anyone has any knowledge on whether this is true or not?

Camp P Marine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Most likely. My understanding is if found fit VA takes no action. Seeing activity implies an unfit finding. Getting someone official to say that might not happen for a while. If the PEBLO or VA rep is wrong they could put the gov't in a bind, so it's likely silence until your PEBLO gets the findings from IPEB.

jddevil84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks guys, I hate this feeling of having no control over my near future. I have a family that I am the sole source of income and I would like to start planning and preparing for the future. But not knowing when and if I will be separated is preventing me from sending out my resume' to attempt to find employment post military.

Fran0609

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
so I had a similar question. My ebenefits changed to "Preparation for decision" does that imply there is an Unfit finding in the works? My PEBLO says she knows nothing yet, and I called VA and they gave me a basic answer. I have 18 years in and don't want to get screwed here. I am really hoping for a fit and return to duty, at least until I can finish my 20..

jddevil84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
so I had a similar question. My ebenefits changed to "Preparation for decision" does that imply there is an Unfit finding in the works? My PEBLO says she knows nothing yet, and I called VA and they gave me a basic answer. I have 18 years in and don't want to get screwed here. I am really hoping for a fit and return to duty, at least until I can finish my 20..
To my knowledge with you being over 18 years you can request to be put on Permanent Limited Duty of you want depending on your MOS.

jddevil84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So finally got the results from the board.
20% DOD and 80% VA
So as stated above I was put on the board for my left should after receiving 3 surgeries. I am submitting for a VA reconsideration on my left arm because I am left arm dominate and in their assess

DirtyBuzz

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Similar question.

According to MOL my PEB was accepted on 24 Oct 2016 and I haven't heard anything from my PEBLO regarding FIT/UNFIT. I monitor EBenefits daily and noticed last week that my estimated completion date changed from 2 Feb 2017 to 16 Sep 2017 (which happens to be my original EAS date). Also, on EBenefits it was asking me for banking information. I updated my information and called the next day to see what the date change was all about and why I was getting asked for banking information. I got the textbook answers of course but the gentleman also said that part of my claim was complete and that they were gathering evidence from the hearing loss people. Could I assume I was found UNFIT? Also, I know no one on here has a crystal ball but could I assume a phone call within the next month or two with my findings? Any/all advice is appreciated.

-Semper Fi

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">