Form 3947 question

Sorry to restart this question but for some reason my threads aren't appearing under my settings.
My question is the form 3947. When I received my NARSUM the 3947 wasn't completed as the regulations state. I brought this up to my PEBLO and JAG but both entities says that's how they do it here. I showed them regulation on how it is suppose to be filled out but once again push back. My PEBLO even admitted to knowing that it wasn't done right but once again "this is how it is done here". I requested in writing that it be filled out correctly and the response from the PEBLO was "I will ask if they want me to change it".
My thoughts are if the government has a regulation on how to fill it out then there is a reason why they want it done this way.
My question to the knowledgeable individuals does it matter in the scheme of things how this is filled out?

What was wrong with it?

Mike

Mike, thank you for responding. On my 3947 line 9, 10 are not filled in. Line 13-a-e is not filled in for items meeting retention. Example would be "GERD meets retention" and that is all that is listed in box 13a. My problem is that some of my diagnosis were incurred while deployed and few of my diagnosis were permanently aggravated by my service. If the boxes aren't filled in as the regulation states will I have problems down the road?
Thank you.

maparker may give you a better answer, but here is my take:

On my 3947, the blocks you mentioned are left blank on mine, but my proposed ratings came back DOD 60 and VA 100. I did not appeal the MEB phase, but all cases are different.

However, I can only advise you to appeal it and demand an Impartial medical review if you are not comfortable with the NARSUM.
Also, google IDES/MEB summary guide book on pg. 4 & 5 it spells out how PEBLOs and MEB team are supposed to fill out DA 3947. Then compare it to AR 40-400 para 7.10 see if it suffice your what you need. There are some other DODI in the 1330 series that might help you out.

You can also, ask for a 2nd opinion from a regular lawyer or SFAC Building VFW/American Legion rep and the Ombudsman assist you. Just prepare some bullets for your appeal to assist them with writing.

Lastly,

A recommended technique, SITUATIONAL AWARENESS IS KEY form this point until you are done with MEB.
-Spot light your case to the MEB/PEB personnel
-stay proactive and keep a track of emails as evidence if you hit a wall again down the road.
-Have your chain of command back you up.
-Get to know your PEBLO supervisors, VA rep, Ombudsman.
-call USAPDA and get to know someone

Remember the PEBLO and JAG Lawyer are there to help Wounded Warriors and at the same time, they just want to push a case through and move to the next one.
Therefore, appeal when you are not comfortable and by having all these people involved, when managing your emails, that will leave the PEBLO no room to throw a fast one at you or single handedly submit paperwork without Bosses awareness.

Good luck

T-man

Thank you for responding. The lastest is that I saw the PEBLO and asked them point blank if they knew they were not filling out the 3947 per regulation and they stated "Yes, I am aware". I then told them I wanted it done per regulation and put in an appeal for and IMR. I sent and email to JAG as a tracer concerning my visit with my PEBLO. What is frustrating about all of this so far is that I never met my original PEBLO and was reassigned a new one two days before they gave me my NARSUM back. The only person I met originally was the PEBLO's assistant to hand me the initial packet. So for four months no contact with anyone. Complained to higher up's but they don't care. As you stated "Proactive" is the way.