Formal PEB hearing

bblue1946

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Looking for any information about a formal PEB hearing. i was found 60% disability base on the evidence in my medical record which was missing my last MRI. i have new evidence which i will present to the board whenever i get scheduled. right now my appeal paper is with the PEBLO. do i need another personal statement? can my CO write something to the PEB?

Dolly74

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
hello! @chaplaincharlie I have the same type of question. How do I prepare for the formal board?
Currently rated at 10% DoD and 90% VA. Fighting for the 30% on DoD side (fighting shoulder and behavioral health make me unfit)

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
First and foremost get an attorney. Do not fight alone. Every service provides members a free attorney while in the PEB process. Take advantage of free counsel. Or hire a civilian attorney that limits his/her practice to these types of cases. Did you file a VARR? You can ask the VA to rerate an unfitting condition.

Dolly74

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
First and foremost get an attorney. Do not fight alone. Every service provides members a free attorney while in the PEB process. Take advantage of free counsel. Or hire a civilian attorney that limits his/her practice to these types of cases. Did you file a VARR? You can ask the VA to rerate an unfitting condition.
I just did my election for the FPEB and will for sure use the free counsel! I can’t file a VARR until after the FPEB, but plan to do so. Hoping for the best! Thanks

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">