Fort Brag IDES timeline

John1981

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My doctor said he was going to initiate a MEB (currently at Fort Bragg). It has been two weeks and I have not heard anything. How long typically before I am contacted by a PEBLO?

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My doctor said he was going to initiate a MEB (currently at Fort Bragg). It has been two weeks and I have not heard anything. How long typically before I am contacted by a PEBLO?
I went back and forth for months with my provider. He said he would initiate it, then found out it wasn’t initiated. Set up a Tcon ASAP with your PCM and let him know you still haven’t heard anything.

geotronico

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Out of all the steps in the whole process the referral took the longest in my case. Check with your PCM that he submtted the packet, if he did be patient.

John1981

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks, not sure if I should give it another week until I check in with my doctor. Is the referral a time consuming process for the doctor?

geotronico

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks, not sure if I should give it another week until I check in with my doctor. Is the referral a time consuming process for the doctor?
I'm honestly not sure but the whole process sould be triggered by the 3 profile. After that he should gather whatever evidence he has and a statement (i think) and should submit the packet.

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The packet consists of a statement sending you to the IDES process and that your provider has discussed it with the commander. Apparently, not using the generic statement provided actually is why most are kicked back initially. My provider was too detailed. My pcm didn’t initiate a P3. I was referred to the MEB providers to determine if I needed a P3 profile so every base is different. This was at Fort Campbell. The provider would probably put this lower on his daily tasks but should definitely complete within 2 weeks. The PEBLO is supposed to contact you shortly after. I would still call tomorrow and ask to make sure.

Choram

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Check your profile on AKO, if it's there you are good if it got kicked up or downgraded to a P2 you should get with your PCM. Mine got kicked back by the person that approves the P3 profiles because the pcm put in something he wasn't supposed to but I caught it on there

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">