Gomer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Referral - 01/24/2019
VA Claim - 01/25/2019
Medical Exam - 02/19/2019
Medical Evaluation Board - 03/27/2019
Informal PEB - 04/01/2019
VA Rating - Pending 42 days as of 05/13/2019 (Ebenefits says nothing has changed since FEB 24th and that it's expected to be completed Jan 2020?!)

Not Started:

PEB Findings -
PEBLO Counsel & Solider Election -
PEB Appeal or VA Reconsider - Oh how I hope I don't need to do this!
PDA/Sec Army Approval -
Transition -
Benefits -

With that being said I had a few questions.

1. I have some Job Interviews and even my house lined up. What is the timeline I should be expecting? I was told at the start 6 months but obviously that seems impossible now. I know it's essentially me shaking an 8 ball but does anyone have an educated guess? It's been extremely hard driving home for interviews then explaining I don't have a DD214 or an out date and have no idea when I am going to get out. What would be a healthy estimation I can say during interviews?

2. My Lawyer said bluntly that I was extremely short handed by my on post Physical Examiner. He informed me that I should still receive medical retirement but according to him things such as my back where given 1 degree flexation less then what would be needed for the next level of rating. Also my Crohn's Disease was worded in a manor he said he has never seen and will likely net me %0 for arguably the worst of all my conditions. Should I try and fight this or just transition and worry about the VA on the outside? I am not to concerned with anything but just getting out. He also said it's extremely unlikely that I don't get medically retired. But after reading my exam and just by the way I was essentially talked down to the entire exam I can with my limited medical knowledge infer I was given a bad hand. I hear this quite often though so I am not sure if perhaps I am overacting? Just worried about jumping the gun to get out then shooting myself in the foot for the rest of my life because I didn't want to stay in a few more weeks.

Thanks for your time. I will attempt to keep this updated as I imagine many people like myself grew tired after a month of no word and began to scour the interwebs for information that should be more readily available during one of the most stressful and unknown times in our life!

Hello Gomer,

so I have a Soldier that started his MEDBOARD in October of last year and as of this moment he is still waiting for his ratings from the VA, he is expected to be done with the process in September of this year so you might have some time to kill before yours is completely done. On top of that if you are planning on appealing any decision just add a few more months to that. I'm also going through the MEDBOARD process and as of last week my paperwork was sent up for the Informal PEB and mine is expected to be done by January next year. As far as the DD214, what you can do is get a statement of service. I attached a sample, you just need to edit it and have your commander sign it.

Also from my experience in the forum people that get out and try to fight their ratings on the outside have a harder and longer time doing so. My suggestions is to do any appeals while you still active. I know how it feels, you just want to get on with your life and be done with it but better to do it right now. if you do appeal it might take a few more months to get the appeal done, in my opinion it is worth it specially since you already feel like you were not examined properly.

Attachments

• Example Statement of Service.pdf
    319.6 KB · Views: 23
Waiting on the VA seems to take the longest. You can always reach out to your MSC and they can tell you the status of your claim. I wouldn't rely on the Ebenefits estimated date of completion as that will change multiple times and its just an estimate of everyone. Since youre on the IDES it doesn't fully capture that. My doctor did a similar thing with me when she misdiagnosed my conditions. I am going to medical and getting my primary care managers (doctors) to document all my injuries that were down played so when I appeal the process runs a lot smoother. Id say get all supporting documents ready and wait. I am on a similar timeline as you so ill track this and keep you in the loop so you can get a better answer hopefully. Good luck

View attachment 3897

Va Finished their end on the 14th finally!
Congrats on concluding va portion hope you receive your finding soon. I'm 83 days in been waiting since March seeing you moving along gives me hope I may log in one day and see CLOSED lol.

Congrats on concluding va portion hope you receive your finding soon. I'm 83 days in been waiting since March seeing you moving along gives me hope I may log in one day and see CLOSED lol.
Mine had to be sent back a few times apparently for clarification. But remember there is still a few weeks that PEB will need before your Peblo will call you.

Mine had to be sent back a few times apparently for clarification. But remember there is still a few weeks that PEB will need before your Peblo will call you.
yea I found out last week they needed clarification on my knee so hopefully soon nothing I can really do so I just live through you guys who are moving along in the process.

Congrats! They completed their end on mine today as well. Hopefully they complete other people cases as well. Do you know what’s the next step for us?

yea I found out last week they needed clarification on my knee so hopefully soon nothing I can really do so I just live through you guys who are moving along in the process.

Same problem I was having. They sent back requesting clarification on my knee three times to the QTC doctors.

Dang. I was hoping that was the date your package was sent to the PEB. Lol hmm I was just found unfit the 14th of June. Looks like I got some time to wait still.

Dang. I was hoping that was the date your package was sent to the PEB. Lol hmm I was just found unfit the 14th of June. Looks like I got some time to wait still.
Yeah you are still going to be waiting for the VA rating for about 3 months...

Just got my Proposed rating. It's %80.

I'm Happy with the amount. But they didn't let me know what was rated and what wasn't. Also still don't know if I got a Combat Code. So a lot is still to be learned,

Just got my Proposed rating. It's %80.

I'm Happy with the amount. But they didn't let me know what was rated and what wasn't. Also still don't know if I got a Combat Code. So a lot is still to be learned,

How did you find out your rating??

Called and requested they fax it to me because the letter was damaged. Then had them fax it to a free online faxing service I found.

I am going through the IDES process and was deemed unfit on 24 June 2019. I logged into va.gov and saw this just now. What does this mean? What happens now?

Attachments

• asdfasdf.png
    asdfasdf.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 11
I am going through the IDES process and was deemed unfit on 24 June 2019. I logged into va.gov and saw this just now. What does this mean? What happens now?
Whoa. That’s Awesome. Gives me hope! Lol. Basically means the VA has finished rating your unfit conditions and is now going back to the PEB.

So not necessarily I see that you have two different claims one still open so what could essentially have happened is they combined both claims in to the one that is in the is currently in the evidence gathering stage. If that is so then you are right undergoing the VA rating process. once a board finds you unfit they send it to the VA for rating typical timeline for rating is (30 to 39 days) but it can be sooner. from there you meet with your PEBLO and sign an agreement or start an appeal if you disagree with the findings. hope this helped.