Fort Campbell NOV19 Timeline

Well, I am a bit stunned and crushed right now. Paralyzed in thought would probably be the best explanation. I received my Narsum dictation and completed MEB packet this week and my C&P examiner for TBI and General Med were extremely inconsistent with my medical records and the actual exam that took place.

TBI- I am currently being seen at the TBI clinic and have multiple visits with diagnosis for post concussive headaches, nerve damage, dizziness, etc. The examiner spent 2 hours talking to me and her results were: "Unsubstantial evidence or diagnosis that a TBI has occured." Additionally, she did not mention any of my migraines and said the "general examiner will get your migraines."

Gen Med- This one is the worst. Mind you, he did not use a Goniometer on all but one of my ROMs..

Migraines: I have migraines with notes from my neurologist that say I have chronic migraines with 17 severe headaches and have had to leave work at least 5 times in the past month. Doc stated I have "less than frequent prostrating attacks" and states the migraines are not TBI related. (So now my TBI examiner didnt mention this and my gen med is stating im all good).

Shoulders: I can barely raise my shoulders to 45 deg and feel pain immediately on use. My examiner wrote that I have 170 degrees range of motion and slight pain. No impact functionally. I have a PT appt with measurements that state "severe pain and less than 90 deg motion. Substantial hip substitution when raising arms." So his statements prevent my shoulders from being a referred condition.

Back: I barely bent forward due to pain and have trouble moving my trunk left/right. He stated I have full range of motion with minor pain.

Vertigo: stated I had no medical history despite it being on my migraines. Referred back to TBI DBQ for headaches and vertigo, but remember that my TBI examiner deferred headaches to the general examiner.

Hips, Thighs, ankles, knee: Limited ROM and pain but the Examiner said no issues at all.

Ultimately, I dont know what to do and how this will pan out. These were significant issues of mine that were crucial for me to recieve 90-100% if included with my other conditions. I am waiting for the 4 day weekend to be over to see legal. My clinic has stated they will not repeat C&P exams despite the lack of a Goniometer. Does this mean I will have to wait till I get out to receive another exam?

I don't understand how this dude didn't at least quote my records rather than pencil whipping his own stuff. A lot of people have mentioned, "the examiner watches you while you come to the door and what you do while you are in the room." I wore summer PTs, did not take any jackets off, put my phone on a shelf(didnt bring mine in.) I also never bent over to tie my shoes.
Just in case you did not know this IN regards to migraines....Regulation has changed from you must have been seeing a Neurologist for treatment up to 6 months not 3 as it was in the past. Yo need to get a referral off post if in the KY area, Dr. Coby is very well known. The IDES people hate him. Because he is that good. Even if they do not give you anything for the migraines now. Get the appointment get 6 months of treatment then appeal when all of those boxes are checked, you will qualify then. But they don't tell you this.

Just in case you did not know this IN regards to migraines....Regulation has changed from you must have been seeing a Neurologist for treatment up to 6 months not 3 as it was in the past. Yo need to get a referral off post if in the KY area, Dr. Coby is very well known. The IDES people hate him. Because he is that good. Even if they do not give you anything for the migraines now. Get the appointment get 6 months of treatment then appeal when all of those boxes are checked, you will qualify then. But they don't tell you this.

Thanks for that, legal actually brought that up to me during the IMR process. Luckily I have records with 3 different neurologists for the past 18 month. With their help, the clinic ended up adding my migraines as a referred condition. Now waiting on unfit and ratings.

I just received my unfit memo from the PEBLO. It was dated 24 March though, so about one working week from submission. My Ebenefits hasn't changed though but it's crazy that I'm potentially already two weeks with the VA and could find out real soon. Fingers crossed for everyone!

I just received my unfit memo from the PEBLO. It was dated 24 March though, so about one working week from submission. My Ebenefits hasn't changed though but it's crazy that I'm potentially already two weeks with the VA and could find out real soon. Fingers crossed for everyone!
It took one week for you to get your unfit memo from the PEB? My Peblo submitter my packet to the PEB Friday

It took one week for you to get your unfit memo from the PEB? My Peblo submitter my packet to the PEB Friday
I signed my Narsum on 13 March and just got my unfit memo, but it is dated 24March. So that's 11 total days, only 7 of those were business days. Pretty impressive.

I signed my Narsum on 13 March and just got my unfit memo, but it is dated 24March. So that's 11 total days, only 7 of those were business days. Pretty impressive.
It's so annoying that it's dated March 24 but they just gave it to you today. I'm sure they've just been sitting on it for 2 weeks. I signed my NARSUM on 31 March, so if it follows your timeline, my unfit memo should be done by Friday. Maybe they'll decide to actually give it to me at the end of April.

Have you gotten your ratings yet? I received my unfit memo on 13 April

Have you gotten your ratings yet? I received my unfit memo on 13 April
Nothing... starting to get nervous it will take longer.

Nothing... starting to get nervous it will take longer.
I got my ratings this morning. I had to hassle my PEBLO about it, but I got them! Hopefully you get yours soon.

I got my ratings this morning. I had to hassle my PEBLO about it, but I got them! Hopefully you get yours soon.

Great news! Did your Ebenefits claim status close on today's date too? I am really hoping for this week.

Great news! Did your Ebenefits claim status close on today's date too? I am really hoping for this week.
Just checked. Everything is still pending on eBenefits.

That is the best news I've heard today! So you're saying there's a chance lol. Did you just call your peblo and ask for them to check?

I sent mine an email. That's how we've been corresponding since the pandemic started. I think they're primarily working from home. Have you checked VA.gov? I told her that VA.gov says my compensation claim is closed and asked if she had any information about it.

I sent mine an email. That's how we've been corresponding since the pandemic started. I think they're primarily working from home. Have you checked VA.gov? I told her that VA.gov says my compensation claim is closed and asked if she had any information about it.
What status was your ebenenfits on now if you dont mind me asking?

What status was your ebenenfits on now if you dont mind me asking?
My eBenefits says "You have no Rated Disabilities to display at this time. We will update your disability rating status as soon as we finish processing your application." Don't look at eBenefits while you're in the IDES process, it will just make you go crazy. It doesn't get updated until everything is over. Your PEBLO has way more info than eBenefits or VA.gov while you're still in the process. Once you're out, eBenefits and VA.gov all day.

My eBenefits says "You have no Rated Disabilities to display at this time. We will update your disability rating status as soon as we finish processing your application." Don't look at eBenefits while you're in the IDES process, it will just make you go crazy. It doesn't get updated until everything is over. Your PEBLO has way more info than eBenefits or VA.gov while you're still in the process. Once you're out, eBenefits and VA.gov all day.
Okay just checking and praying my request for ratings was sent up the 17th and I just pray I have ratings by june

Okay just checking and praying my request for ratings was sent up the 17th and I just pray I have ratings by june
Mine took 3 weeks. Just stay on top of your PEBLO. Call him/her each week and ask for an update. I quickly realized that both PEBLOs and MSCs like to let stuff sit on their desks for days and even weeks at a time. They're not in any hurry. You have to stay on top of them and make them work on your case.

Hallelujah! My va.gov claim closed today. Calling my Peblo tomorrow to ask if they can see anything.

Any news? My claim closed on Friday so trying to get a feel for what to expect

My PEBLO was able to see that the VA had submitted documents and the Army PEB hadn't yet received them. She said she can see my proposed total rating but can't give me that information. I coaxed her to tell me if it was greater or less than 70% and she said "greater, but you didn't hear it from me." So she said she couldn't give me anymore details until the PEB sends her the DA 199. Fingers crossed that is this Friday or next week. She said it could take 2 weeks....but I don't ever trust the PEBLOs...lol