Fort Stewart WTB

petdio88

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi, I have read some horror stories about the WTB's in the Army. Has anyone had recent experiences? I am heading to Fort Stewart soon and would like to mentally prepare for whats ahead of me. Is the WTB a pretty good recovery source? I really need more treatment to get better before I get medically discharged. TBI w/ seizures and a bunch of other issues, so I know I am going to get the unfit memo. I just need to work on memory, speech, headaches, light sensitivity. I can do my physical therapy on the outside. I may need a few surgeries while in the WTB, but that is no big deal.

Any info or personal experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We are USMC and WWBn has been awesome for my husband. He has been there almost a year now and will be retiring soon.

petdio88, I'm currently at FT Stewart WTU - When you first get here you will in process through HHC company which can be a headache. It is a give and take here. The main Doctors over seeing your care are leaving so it is kind of hard to get the treatment you need. I have been here for 6 months and it has been difficult for me but some very easy. However, I would highly recommend keeping a journal of daily activities not just for the memory loss which I suffer from too but for accountability and reference at a later day. The living arrangements are pretty nice however there are weekly room inspections so be prepared for that. You have a few individuals here that speak to you as a child no matter what your issues are or rank is. The civilians are almost a waste of human beings but if you have the facts and are squared away most of the time it will be ok. Just have to stay at it with your care. Make sure if you are not getting the treatment you need put it on your weekly or bi weekly transition report because it goes up to Medcom for review plus it just another log to back track data and care when it comes to claims or treatment. Are you Active Duty?

First off, thank you for the responses. Sorry about the delay in my response.

I am active duty. I already have a house lined up in liberty woods for myself and the family. I have been keeping a log of all of my appointments from July until now and will continue to when I am there. Do they inspect houses for married personnel?

So my buddy that was a commander at the Fort Stewart WTB told me that there is formation multiple times a day. He was a commander there many years ago so I am supposing that it could be different. Do they provide transportation for people that cannot drive to and from the company area? I think that is a big thing for me. The sole purpose of my going to the WTB instead of med boarding was to receive Army healthcare instead of healthcare in many different directions with my wife and kids having to drive me 3 to 6 hours every other day. I guess I will see since I am reporting soon.

Thanks again for the info.

First off, thank you for the responses. Sorry about the delay in my response.

I am active duty. I already have a house lined up in liberty woods for myself and the family. I have been keeping a log of all of my appointments from July until now and will continue to when I am there. Do they inspect houses for married personnel?

So my buddy that was a commander at the Fort Stewart WTB told me that there is formation multiple times a day. He was a commander there many years ago so I am supposing that it could be different. Do they provide transportation for people that cannot drive to and from the company area? I think that is a big thing for me. The sole purpose of my going to the WTB instead of med boarding was to receive Army healthcare instead of healthcare in many different directions with my wife and kids having to drive me 3 to 6 hours every other day. I guess I will see since I am reporting soon.

Thanks again for the info.

That's great they do have a van and other vehicles that will pick u up and drop you off for your appointments everyday just have let your Squad leader know and he or she will set it up. Other than that I know they do sometimes do home inspection but it was only once since I was here and the Soldiers were given a form to fill out before the COC could do the inspection. I don't think it is 100% just make sure you read everything before signing of course. They are now doing weekly inspections of the barracks but you don't have to worry about that.

Typical formations are now at 0830hrs and 1630hrs just two typically. Uniform while in HHC is ACU I believe but after a month you can wear pts all day if you want but getting in the PX after 0900 typically wont be allowed in APFT's. HHC will be the headache cause you have to in process and it takes a little cause the layout of the in processing check list is not organized so your bouncy around different places. After you are in processed you will be in A. company which to my experience is a lot better then HHC. Just make sure you keep pressing your medical issues and concerns even if they try and say we will get to it later on. Dr. Heads is a PCM here and he listens in detail to the Soldiers I would recommend him as your PCM and he is currently acting BN Sugeron cause the previous one got resign due to unprofessional methods just fyi. Anyhow when you get here if you need anything just hit me up on here. I try and stay quite of who I am on here just cause I have a lot of personal information on here.

oh also just fyi when and if you do have to do home inspections.....if you have a no drinking profile I would highly recommend not having any alcohol in the house at all even if it is for your wife they will hold you accountable however I don't think you will have to worry about that. Plus I don't think they can just do inspection especially if you or your family don't allow them in plus if its off post. I think they try and get you to sign something to allow them access just make sure what your signing is legit and if not just say sorry I cant allow it.

oh also just fyi when and if you do have to do home inspections.....if you have a no drinking profile I would highly recommend not having any alcohol in the house at all even if it is for your wife they will hold you accountable however I don't think you will have to worry about that. Plus I don't think they can just do inspection especially if you or your family don't allow them in plus if its off post. I think they try and get you to sign something to allow them access just make sure what your signing is legit and if not just say sorry I cant allow it.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up on everything. I will be mentally prepared to deal with the stupidity that I will deal with. I have been away from "Big Army" for over 7 years so I am glad to know what I am headed towards.

Thanks again.

I don't know about Army but we had once scheduled for our on base house. It was Navy medical personnel that were going to come out. We were told it was routine to make sure the house was adequate and we didn't need any special assistance, accommodations, etc. When we told them we were moving off base they cancelled the inspection. It might be on base housing only? I don't know but ours got cancelled. We are WWBn USMC.

We are USMC and WWBn has been awesome for my husband. He has been there almost a year now and will be retiring soon.
I don't know about Army but we had once scheduled for our on base house. It was Navy medical personnel that were going to come out. We were told it was routine to make sure the house was adequate and we didn't need any special assistance, accommodations, etc. When we told them we were moving off base they cancelled the inspection. It might be on base housing only? I don't know but ours got cancelled. We are WWBn USMC.

That is a plausible reason. I have nothing to hide, so I will welcome somebody with good intentions into the house. I completely understand the medical reason of inspection. I think in my case, they should not have a reason though. My TBI w/ seizures has its risks regardless of what or where I am. We will have stairs, the kitchen has forks and knives, it is what it is for me. If they come to me trying to cause trouble my wife will deny them access. If they keep at it she will use IG. Sounds like the USMC has good intentions. I have read a lot of horror stories about Army WTB's so I will just hope that medical treatment will not be affected by ridiculous people or policies.

Thank you again for the response. :)

Hey just saying from my experience. I do like it here but somethings are stupid like any other organization, just always cya cause the military is trying their best to save as much money as possible including any disability compensation benefits you might deserve just fight and continue to fight. But all in all this WTB isn't that bad a lot of things have changed since I have been here and I believe it is due to the new CSM. He appears squared away on what this BN is suppose to be instead of a line unit.

Just a heads up to everyone. The WTB is not a bad place to be. Take advantage of the programs that are available to you. Ask your squad leader, nurse case manager, and other Soldiers about different programs.

Treat it like an NCOES and you will be fine.

Greetings Forum:

I just received orders this week sending me to the WTB @ Fort Stewart next month. Does anyone have any current knowledge on the daily battle-rhythm of the WTB and what I can also expect that I have not already read on this forum. I am just asking because the posts from this thread are a year old and I was wondering if anything had changed in the last year or so. Any new or interesting points would be great. I recently pinned O-4 and my family will not be following me to Fort Stewart as we don't want to pull the kids out of school and make them relocate not knowing how long I willl be in the WTB.