Found fit for duty in September, what now

curiouslemurs

Registered Member
Hey fellers, found fit for duty in September, didn’t find out my VA rating, even though I have something that should be minimum 30%, (crohns) should I start another meb or go through the va? What is they main difference. And yes, I found out I had crohns in the military.

You can request you rating from the VA. If it becomes necessary fill a FOIA with the VA.

Hey fellers, found fit for duty in September, didn’t find out my VA rating, even though I have something that should be minimum 30%, (crohns) should I start another meb or go through the va? What is they main difference. And yes, I found out I had crohns in the military.
Were you or are you on any medications during the board proceedings?

You can request you rating from the VA. If it becomes necessary fill a FOIA with the VA.

@chaplaincharlie I was found FIT as well and I'm debating about appealing it. I know I have conditions that can be rated. If I choose not to appeal what does this FOIA do? My EAOS is Dec 12 2020. Will they just keep my record? Please feel free to private message me. I have til Tuesday Feb 18th to make a decision and I'm very lost on what I should do.

@chaplaincharlie I was found FIT as well and I'm debating about appealing it. I know I have conditions that can be rated. If I choose not to appeal what does this FOIA do? My EAOS is Dec 12 2020. Will they just keep my record? Please feel free to private message me. I have til Tuesday Feb 18th to make a decision and I'm very lost on what I should do.
You have replied to remarks made more than one year ago.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA): It is the law that requires the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government upon request. It is simply a request for information and does not start any particular process other than collecting the info and sending it to the requester. If you submitted a FOIA today, it is unlikely you will receive the documents you requested by the 18th, your decision date.

I believe what chaplaincharlie was suggesting was if you want a copy of the what has been developed thus far, you can use the FOIA to obtain a copy.

Have you asked your PEBLO for assistance in this matter?

Ron

You have replied to remarks made more than one year ago.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA): It is the law that requires the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government upon request. It is simply a request for information and does not start any particular process other than collecting the info and sending it to the requester. If you submitted a FOIA today, it is unlikely you will receive the documents you requested by the 18th, your decision date.

I believe what chaplaincharlie was suggesting was if you want a copy of the what has been developed thus far, you can use the FOIA to obtain a copy.

Have you asked your PEBLO for assistance in this matter?

Ron

I seen my PEBLO on Friday, all she told me was to take the weekend to decide if I want to appeal or drop the case.

So if I use the FOIA can I use this documentation later on at the VA to file claims? I should've at least gotten 40% from the VA . But I never got passed the PEB

Reference: M21-1

"Provide copies of examination reports for all claimed and referred disabilities to the participant’s PEBLO according to the instructions in M21-1, Part III, Subpart i, 2.D.7.e. "

III.i.2.D.7.d. Actions MSCs Must Take Once All Examination Reports Are Deemed Complete
-----------------

If all the exams were completed, then the PEBLO apparently would have received copies.

Comment: In my opinion, the process of submitting a VA claim after separation or retirement is not difficult. Since I am not a medical retiree, all my claims were submitted after I left the Army, a decade or more in all cases.

Others might have suggestions that can help you.

Good luck,
Ron

If you chose not to appeal and in turn separate you can apply for Benefits Delivery at Discharge. I would want to have a copy of all medical/VA records, thus the reference to FOIA.

If you chose not to appeal and in turn separate you can apply for Benefits Delivery at Discharge. I would want to have a copy of all medical/VA records, thus the reference to FOIA.

Would this make it easier for me to re apply for benefits once I'm out in November? Would I be better off fighting the appeal?

Benefits Delivery at Discharge can be done 6 months prior to separation and is a relatively easy process. It would also document your conditions at the time of separation. Only you can decide which options is best for you.

Benefits Delivery at Discharge can be done 6 months prior to separation and is a relatively easy process. It would also document your conditions at the time of separation. Only you can decide which options is best for you.

Thank you for your help I will talk to my PEBLO and ask for that then. Really appreciate your help

Reference: M21-1

"Provide copies of examination reports for all claimed and referred disabilities to the participant’s PEBLO according to the instructions in M21-1, Part III, Subpart i, 2.D.7.e. "

III.i.2.D.7.d. Actions MSCs Must Take Once All Examination Reports Are Deemed Complete
-----------------

If all the exams were completed, then the PEBLO apparently would have received copies.

Comment: In my opinion, the process of submitting a VA claim after separation or retirement is not difficult. Since I am not a medical retiree, all my claims were submitted after I left the Army, a decade or more in all cases.

Others might have suggestions that can help you.

Good luck,
Ron

Thank you for your help! I have heard multiple people tell me it's either very difficult or not bad at all to do the process when u get out. I really appreciate your input.

Many Veteran Service Organizations (e.g., VFW, American Legion, DAV, Order of Purple Heart, etc.) have veteran service officers (VSOs) who are skilled in assisting veterans in many areas, including claims. Some county offices in states have VSOs as well.

My opinion: If one is used to completing their own federal tax return or other documents without help, they likely can file a successful claim. That said, I recommend the use of a VSO.

Good luck,
Ron