Found Fit, still unable to PT

Deagonx

Registered Member
I was referred directly to a PEB (wasn't put on LIMDU, except by default when I went up for a MEB), and they found me Fit for Duty primarily because my job is non-physical and my condition (asthma) does not limit my ability to do desk work. I received the finding from the informal PEB yesterday that I was found fit.

However, I still have PT limitations which will no longer be justified by LIMDU. Permanent LIMDU seems to be reserved for Unfit findings, and it is explained in the order that Fit findings do not necessarily preclude someone from PT limitations, but it is difficult to find information about how to go about documenting permanent PT limitations while still being fit for duty (I EAS about six months).

Does anyone have any information about this? I am on an Army base so often the doctors here are not acquainted with Navy regulations.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@chaplaincharlie might be able to provide guidance.

What is your goal (e.g., severance pay; no PT; discharge)?

I ask because I remember from my time as an Army 1SG (‘82-‘84), a soldier could receive a “temporary profile” from the MTF and be excused from PT.

A temporary profile is given if the medical condition is considered temporary, the correction or treatment of the condition is medically advisable and correction usually results in a higher physical capacity. Soldiers on active duty and reserve component Soldiers not on active duty with a temporary profile will be medically evaluated at least once every three months at which time the profile may be extended by the profiling officer.

You mentioned your ETS is ~six months in the future.

Ron

Deagonx

Registered Member
My goal is no PT, but the USMC does not have a permanent profile like the Army. I could get a light duty chit, but thats only for 30 days maximum and most PCMs are hesitant to give no PT chits for even that long. LIMDU would be the main option, but I dont know if I can go on LIMDU for a condition that's been found fit.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I wish good luck for you; I have asthma and understand it can be debilitating. I developed asthma while in the Army, but able to control it with Albuteral. I even ran the 1989 Frankfurt Marathon at age 44 in 3:25. Each case is different however.

I still use Albuteral as a rescue inhaler.

Ron

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The USN leans toward fit. Despite your being at a non USMC station the Navy PEB is decision authority.

Deagonx

Registered Member
Does anyone know if the PLD (Permanent Limited Duty) can apply to individuals in a situation like mine? Or if PCMs will put someone on LIMDU for a condition that's been found fit?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">