FPEB Delays- Covid-19

Oompahpa

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon, everyone.

I just spoke to someone at the Washington Navy Yard about the FPEB and how badly it would be delayed. I was informed that everything has stopped, and nothing is going to happen until at least May 11. I signed my paperwork to demand a hearing on Feb 18, and was told that I won't be getting a hearing date until at least June or July.

IPEB’s too or just FPEB’s. Aren’t IPEB’s conducted in D.C. as well?

IPEB’s too or just FPEB’s. Aren’t IPEB’s conducted in D.C. as well?

I’m not entirely sure. Since all government travel is restricted until at least May 11, I’m going to guess that if you have to go to DC, you’re not going to go until after the travel restrictions have passed. That’s only my guess, though.

You don’t travel for IPEB’s...

I honestly have no idea. I am by no means an expert, just passing on what I've heard about my case. I wish you the best, and hope we all get some movement and/or answers very soon.

My case just got done with the MEB and is headed to the IPEB. My PEBLO said they are continuing to work on the cases but alot of people are being forced to work from home. So that could slow things down a little

My case just got done with the MEB and is headed to the IPEB. My PEBLO said they are continuing to work on the cases but alot of people are being forced to work from home. So that could slow things down a little

Thanks for the update! Best of luck to you!

I’m sure they have a solid plan. Our packages are electronic anyway so I am sure they have access to the info they need to continue working cases...

I am really a little surprised they aren’t trying to do something other than wait on the FPEB’s. I can’t help but think they’ll have a huge backlog if they wait long.

I’m trying to get more clarification on that, but I think the people that work at the Navy Yard are working remotely because nobody is there to answer the phone when I call the number on the website. My package was signed saying that I wanted a formal hearing in February 18, and I haven’t heard anything yet about a date. So I’m guessing it’s going to be a while. Fingers crossed, though!

I don’t mean to raise the alarm but I have heard rumors of a possible stop loss going into effect. Just rumors at this point but that would stop anyone from getting out till after this crisis passes.

I’m just going to wait it out I think. That seems to be the right thing to do for my family. As much as I want to get out, I know I have a paycheck and health insurance right now.

Update: I spoke with a Sgt who answered the phone at the Washington Naval Yard. He gave me the contact information for a lawyer who assigns attorneys for the FPEB, and can also help you find out your date for the board. I called the number provided, (202) 685-8385, and got no response. Now I am going to send an email to see if he can respond since he may be working from home. His email address is [email protected].

Ok, don’t know where yesterday’s post went so I’m trying again....

1 - All Formal PEB hearings are on hold for the foreseeable future. We have not received word on when they will start up again.
2 - Informal PEBs are on going as they are paperwork boards, no in - person testimony.
3 - The VA has suspended all in-person C&P exams until further notice.

While iPEBs are continuing and new referrals are being made, with no in-person C&P exams being conducted, the pipeline of new cases will dry up. Bottom line, there will be a backlog once the VA starts doing in-person exams again. I’m telling all my clients that we are in a waiting period until the system starts up and they should be using this time to plan ahead, save money and concentrate on their medical condition/treatment and getting that stabilized.

Ok, don’t know where yesterday’s post went so I’m trying again....

1 - All Formal PEB hearings are on hold for the foreseeable future. We have not received word on when they will start up again.
2 - Informal PEBs are on going as they are paperwork boards, no in - person testimony.
3 - The VA has suspended all in-person C&P exams until further notice.

While iPEBs are continuing and new referrals are being made, with no in-person C&P exams being conducted, the pipeline of new cases will dry up. Bottom line, there will be a backlog once the VA starts doing in-person exams again. I’m telling all my clients that we are in a waiting period until the system starts up and they should be using this time to plan ahead, save money and concentrate on their medical condition/treatment and getting that stabilized.

is there any talk about stipulating more fpeb’s or doing vtc? I can’t imagine that this won’t result in a horrendous backlog of fpeb’s

Update: I got a call two days ago from a representative in DC about the FPEBs. They are asking people if they would be willing to have a teleconference in place of going to DC to get your cases taken care of. You still have the option to go to DC and do an in-person hearing, but she said that it could be in some people's best interest to go the teleconference route to complete your case. I had a 45 minute conversation with her about my case, so at least things are still moving forward.